New Contributor

So disappointed in QVC, tried of receiving "off sized" clothing and "worn" items

I started shopping with QVC when it was still CVN, 1987. Through the years I have bought a lot of stuff, some years more than other years. This year seems to be a busy year with me ordering a lot of clothing and shoes for a long vacay coming up in the Fall.

I am appalled with the sizing! Several times I have bought clothing after reading, very carefully, the extended size chart and bore the return cost. But this year is even worse than previous years. Example of recent purchases: Bought 5 pairs of D&C Original Waist Pants all the same size, Medium, 3 pairs fit and 2 did not. The sizing was so far off the 2 could have been size Small instead of Medium. I had to return them and decided to mark them defective, they were not as stated, isn't that defective? I refuse to pay for Return Shipping on items that are not as stated on air or online, this is clearly QVC's fault, not mine. If they want to suspend me that is perfectly fine, not like there are not other places to spend my hard earned money.

Now the worst I have encountered this year! Finally today I received the 4th pair, yep, you read it right, the 4th pair of the same sandal, in the same color & size because the first 3 pairs had been worn! QVC had me over a barrel, they are the only company selling the Clarks Marigold sandal this year, I had no other choice, but to keep trying, I needed the Sand (neutral color) very much. I am disabled, this sandal is the only sandal I have found I can wear to walk on my own and still have some level of style. I now have 5 pairs of this specific style because they afford me so much stability.

Of course, Customer Service is always courteous and willing to make it right with as much authority they are allottted, which is not much I would say. But, I don't think that gets to the root of the problem, something has to be done to assure better quality control. Also, every other website I shop at quickly processes returns and most don't charge for shipping either direction. I don't want to give up my QVC watching, I do learn a lot, I just don't think I can continue to trust I will receive NEW when I pay for new. I know I am only one person, however, I am sure I am not alone, these kinds of things must be happening to others too. QVC, there is a lot of competition out there today, you must figure out how to be most reliable, I understand things happened, but not at this degree.

Respected Contributor

Re: So disappointed in QVC, tried of receiving "off sized" clothing and "worn" items

....it can't be all that bad, you continue buying from a company that you claim isn't working for you. Your story reminds me of the definition of insanity which is doing the same thing over and over and over again.....and expecting a different result. Shopping channels are wonderful but they aren't for everyone. Watch...don't buy.

Valued Contributor

Re: So disappointed in QVC, tried of receiving "off sized" clothing and "worn" items

Hello,

Sorry you are having so much difficulty. A couple of years ago I emailed Carolyn Gracie and she emailed me back stating that there were problems with sizing inconsistency on Denim and Co. and that they were "working on it"....at least she was honest. Apparently, there is still so problems.

Contributor

QVC was never CVN. CVN was purchased by QVC in 1989. When you start a complaint off with incorrect information it kind of taints your whole message.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

A lot of us remember the quality, the quality control and the consistent sizing of years ago. This morphing has happened slowly and didn't occur overnight. I'm in agreement with the OP, the inconsistent sizing that has occurred has virtually stopped me from buying when I used to buy pretty much all my clothing on QVC. I remember my first "used and dirty" item sold to me as new! I was stunned, and unfortunately not my last. This has happened gradually to the point that I'm wary of buying, but I continue to selectively buy hoping that things have or will change.

So it isn't a matter of just cutting the cord... because the concept of home shopping is wonderful and convenient. And a lot of us are over 20-year shoppers and keep hoping things will get better so we do keep buying..... but we're allowed to grouse about this in the hopes that QVC will try harder to clean up, really inspect and refold the returns before sending them out again! We keep hoping that sizing will be true to the product description before we buy! And, if by chance/luck we get a garment that looks wonderful & new and fits like a dream by accident.... we go back (as I did) and buy three more in different colors~!!

Thinking back over all my QVC years however, and I can honestly say that my buying has shrunk to about a little over a quarter of what I was buying even ten years ago. Curiously coinciding with roughly the time frame that I received my first dirty and used new item I ordered.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Frequent Contributor

I'm sorry you're having problems with the merchandise and I completely understand how you feel. I ordered a clothing item last fall, which should have not been shipped from the warehouse. In fact, it should have been discarded when the original owner returned it. I wrote a review that never got posted, so I no longer write reviews. I know it's not fair to the vendors nor to customers who make purchases based on reviews. That one experience convinced me there is no such thing as quality control at the Q. I still shop here, still have some hits and misses, but for the most part, it hasn't been all bad, but still frustrating at times. Just received a JR sheath dress yesterday that I really love but it smells of someone's bad perfume. It's now out of stock in my size and color, so I'll keep it. I sprayed Febreze on it yesterday and washed it today. It was clearly a return, and I don't have a problem with receiving previously owned merchandise, but someone should be inspecting items prior to restocking, or sell it "As Is."
Frequent Contributor

On 4/8/2015 kmax said:

QVC was never CVN. CVN was purchased by QVC in 1989. When you start a complaint off with incorrect information it kind of taints your whole message.

The message is still clear.
Honored Contributor

On 4/8/2015 kmax said:

I see, so we discount her OP because of a technicality? Or perhaps the OP didn't impart the information correctly by accident? Her message isn't tainted, as a matter of fact you could leave out the CVN QVC info completely and just base her OP on the fact that she started buying in 1989....

Wow... Tough audience.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I avoid two lines because of sizing issues, D&C and SG. I don't buy jeans except in the stores anymore. Tops are loose and drapey anyway, leaving much room for error, so I haven't had a problem in years. To avoid any possibility of a worn return, only order recently introduced styles. Clearance and Last Clicks are a roulette wheel but I get a kick out of saving a substantial sum on an item I've bought and liked before. The other two major channels are way ahead of QVC in neatly repackaging returned items before shipping out again. Its almost like the people in QVC's receiving department are penalized for finding anything wrong. Please, QVC, how about some retraining. And a pox on those customers who send items back missing parts, like handbags.

Esteemed Contributor

I would try contacting Clark's directly for shoes that are difficult to find.

As someone who did once get an article of clothing sent to me as new but was worn and smelly (as in BO), I sympathize with the OP.

Sizing, even in a department store, can be off. I have done pretty well so far with clothing at qvc. I don't believe I have gotten a used item more than once so far and I've ordered quite a bit.