Regular Contributor

So did Jill's bracelet just fall apart mid-wear?

This may have already been brought up (and if it hasn't, I suspect this post may get banned), but did anyone catch last night's presentation in which Jill Martin's GILI bracelet "fell" off?

When she held it up - and judging by the fact that she didn't bother putting it back on - it appeared that it actually just broke apart while she was wearing it. And even if it did just fall off, that seems like kind of a design flaw. Bracelets aren't supposed to be hard to keep on. Yikes.

Honored Contributor

Re: So did Jill's bracelet just fall apart mid-wear?

[ Edited ]

She said she had put it on quickly and apparently it didn't fasten completely.  That's what I heard.

Then she didn't want to bother with it since she was in the midst of her presentation so she just put it into her pocket.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Regular Contributor

Yeah, that's what she said, but it just sounded kind of like an excuse. And it was one of those push-lock bangles that aren't really hard to fasten in the first place, not to mention re-fasten in a second rather than shove in your pocket.  

Regular Contributor

I don't see a similar one for sale, so maybe it's not GILI. Or it could be yet-to-debut. Hmm.

Maybe it really did come unfastened. Just seemed odd to me.

Trusted Contributor

I saw it fall off.  To the best of my memory they both heard it hit the floor and looked down.  Jill said is that my bracelt or yours.  She then quickly picked it up and put it in her back pocket.  As she did this she commented that she must not have latched it properly when she put it on.  I have had a bracelet latch come undone.   It now sits in my jewerly box until I can find someone to fix the security.  I now am very careful to make sure that my bracelets are secure.  I would not think that Jill would overlook proper latching on items she is selling but maybe she was in a hurry getting ready for the show.

Regular Contributor

Yeah, I remember the interaction. I guess I'm just a little biased against the quality of GILI's hardware ever since I started scouting their bags on eBay, and there were a TON for sale that were new, but with the specific defect that the little pin had come out of the hardware keeping the straps down. Seems like the same kind of defect that would cause a bracelet to randomly fall off mid-wear.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

That was an Opp's  moment.