Regular Contributor

Re: So basically it costs $9.00 to "try" an item

Ladies   You don't have to use the $6.95 return label.  I use my own label and sometimes its only three or four dollars !  Of course if the item is heavier its more.  But for a shirt or tee its definitely cheaper to use own label.   Felinemom

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think we should be asking why do QVC shoppers need to return so much?

Why can I buy a $100 same style designer's jacket (made in Italy) in one color from an online department store, the same blazer from the same designer in a different color from another online department store and both fit the same?  This applies, to tops, pants, coats, and shoes.  

But buy two same style jackets (made in China) at $100 each from the same designer at QVC in different colors and one might fit like an 8, the other a size 6.

This has happened to me too many times not to question the quality control of QVC's manufacturers.  

It's not just $100 jackets.  It's pants, t-shirts, coats, shoes at all prices.  

Sticking with one designer at QVC hasn't worked for me even though I always go by the QVC's sizing chart.  I still see a lot of inconsistent sizing.  The most consistent I found are Louis Dell'Olio and Martha Stewart.  

There is more inconsistent sizing and lower quality in lower priced garments because of how they are made to cut costs.  So, I keep that in mind wherever I shop.  But, that's not always the case.  I can get very consistent sizing in $20 t-shirts elsewhere.  

To be fair, I did receive some nice clothing from QVC, but some required too many exchanges to get the right fit.  There was too much I had to return, began to cost too much money, most purchased before QVC offered free exchanges that aren't really free because it's one of the reasons for the higher prices we see now.  

As a few others suggested, stick with the same QVC designers you know should fit, but that hasn't consistently worked for me.  

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

I used to love to shop the Q for clothes, makeup and jewelry. However, the shipping and return shipping prices are so ridiculously high - I can't afford it anymore. My Q bill is mostly return fees....with a $1.00 refund after all the shipping has teen taken out. You pay the initial shipping fee (depending on what it is - anywhere from $3.00 and up), with a $6.95 return fee....even if you place multiple items in one box. You will still be charged the $6.95 on each item. I can't afford to "try" an item anymore. This is why their sales are down. 

@Effie54, you should NOT be charged $6.95 per item if you are sending everything back in 1 box.  It might cost you the higher return label fee of $8.95 but a Mod stated in the Customer Care forum (I believe that's the correct forum) that QVC does not charge for each item if they are turned in 1 box/bag. 

Honored Contributor

There's no question returns are expensive.  I alreadfy was ordering very few clothing items from QVC and I quit buying jewelry (everywhere) in October of 2012, so I've actually returned almost nothing in the past few years.  I'd have to look, but probably 2 items in the last several years.

So, I did pay that return fee for those 2, but with the reduced fee for original shipping on the rest of the clothing I did buy as well as on way too many Wen, Philosophy, Perricone, and PTR items I bought and kept, I came out far, far ahead of where I would have been before QVC started the bigger return charge.

Honored Contributor

For the past few years I have been shopping online at stores that have B&M sites in our nearby malls.  Some sell items online that are not in their stores.  I just make a trip over and return with no charge.  

Honored Contributor

If you use the Q's return label, it's either $6.95 or $8.95, depending on the weight of the item. Plus, the shipping charge to you is usually $3.50 or $5.50, and can be a lot more for handbags, boots, and household items. So, the MINIMUM it would cost to return an item would be $10.45. "Trying" a handbag could cost more than $20!!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Regular Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

If you find that you are returning many items and shipping/return fees are a problem for you....why are you still shopping here?  This issue is 100% withing your power to solve.  QVC doesn't force anyone to shop with them.  

It still amazes me when I see this kind of response.  You just dont get the point of the OP and probably never will. smh.

Super Contributor

I ship things daily, and the Q's shipping pricing is quite reasonable. 

I today shipped a 2# item from OH to NY UPS and it was $19.65.  I realize I don't get the volume discount they do, but it really isn't out of line to pay $3.50 or $5.50 or even the $6.95 to return using their label.

9 times out of 10 even if the Q item is shipped UPS/USPS I receive a notice that UPS will be in my area and will deliver my item without dropping it off for the 3 day delay at the Post Office.

We've all gotten spoiled with the free shipping to and from many sites use.  The shipping cost is hidden in the original cost of the item. 

No company is taking a loss on the shipping charges, nor the salary for the person packaging up your item or processing your return.

That said:  They certainly could stop with the week long 'processing' (without allowing you to cancel) or the old trick of generating a UPS label and letting it sit around for days before they actually put it on a truck. They aren't the only ones who do that - I splurged and ordered from Title Nine and they sent me the 'It Shipped' email on Tuesday, yet it didn't hit a truck until this morning.

Honored Contributor

If I recall correctly the Q charged much more on the front end but nothing to return. People complained but the same individuals were getting letters stating they had reached their return threshold for the year!!! Because it was free to send everything back!

I for one am glad they changed their policy to be fair to those of us that don't shop and return on a regular basis....but then I'm not trying I'm shopping...(they do need to stop making the 'try' a selling point)

Trusted Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

I used to love to shop the Q for clothes, makeup and jewelry. However, the shipping and return shipping prices are so ridiculously high - I can't afford it anymore. My Q bill is mostly return fees....with a $1.00 refund after all the shipping has teen taken out. You pay the initial shipping fee (depending on what it is - anywhere from $3.00 and up), with a $6.95 return fee....even if you place multiple items in one box. You will still be charged the $6.95 on each item. I can't afford to "try" an item anymore. This is why their sales are down. 

Yep, you're right, and it doesn't seem to matter....

⚓️