Esteemed Contributor

So basically it costs $9.00 to "try" an item

I used to love to shop the Q for clothes, makeup and jewelry. However, the shipping and return shipping prices are so ridiculously high - I can't afford it anymore. My Q bill is mostly return fees....with a $1.00 refund after all the shipping has teen taken out. You pay the initial shipping fee (depending on what it is - anywhere from $3.00 and up), with a $6.95 return fee....even if you place multiple items in one box. You will still be charged the $6.95 on each item. I can't afford to "try" an item anymore. This is why their sales are down. 

Respected Contributor

Re: So basically it costs $9.00 to "try" an item

@Effie54 

I purchased a top that didn't fit well.  The return fee was $8.95!  Yes, a QVC item with an $8.95 return fee.  Decided to keep it and wear it to run errands and around the house.  It was a casual top.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

Yes, it is expensive to try on an item.  So, I think twice about ordering something and only from those brands I'm pretty confident will fit and know I will like--D&C and SG mainly.

Alternatively, I shop elsewhere especially Macy's which has free shipping to their stores and free returns to the stores.  Why shop at the Q when there are other, more financially friendly places to do so???

Honored Contributor

Not that this is any better but so far my using the Q return prepd label has been $6.95 not $8.95. I agree that some heavier items the rate is higher but not for clothing items.

Some items I return I'll take to USPS and ask if I can return for less than their prepd label - yes I can and I still have insurance included. I will then opt to return on my own for less.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think that the "cost to try" is perfectly reasonable.   

Otherwise, QVC "eats the entire loss" or the rest of us pay higher prices.

The tryer/returner should pay their fair share.

Honored Contributor

I gather up my returns and send via UPS one fee and I get my refund much faster

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

It bugs me to pay shipping on each of multiple items shipped in the same order.  Causes me to order less, and makes me want to order each item separately if I don't get a break!  LOL

@Effie54  If they are charging more than one return fee per shipment, I'd call customer service for a refund on all but one return shipping fee.  That sounds like a mistake.

Valued Contributor

I agree.  I've gotten stung by the return fee many times, which is why I won't buy clothes from QVC any more.  I'm shocked at the amount of clothing prgrams they have on the air.  It seems like every time I drop in on QVC they're presenting clothes and shoes.  Their prices are way too high ($30 - $40 for a cotton tee) and nothing ever fits correctly.  Their "clearance" prices are a joke too.  I always wonder, who's buying this stuff?  You can do so much better at Macy's, TJ Maxx and Marshalls!

Trusted Contributor

There are places to shop that offer free S&H on certain amounts.  Some have free returns or used to but not so much.  People that shopped QVC in the earlier days were totally spoiled.  If you're complaining about S&H and return fees, think how QVC has felt over the years and they were losing money and people were taking advantage of a good thing.  Now the tables have turned.  All and all their S&H is pretty fair. 

Honored Contributor

One return fee for multiple items shipper together.  Call and ask for additional return fees to be refunded.