Honored Contributor

Re: So basically it costs $9.00 to "try" an item

My time is worth a lot to me. I am paying for convenience and to me it is worth it

I can't recall the last time I sent something back. It is probably years ago

I agree with with my friend who says why should I be 

forced to pick up the tab for other people. I pay my own way, and so can they

Honored Contributor

If you find that you are returning many items and shipping/return fees are a problem for you....why are you still shopping here?  This issue is 100% withing your power to solve.  QVC doesn't force anyone to shop with them.  

Respected Contributor

I didn't know QVC was losing money. I have cut back and now buy only things that I hope I don't have to send back.

Just sent back a pair of Clarks. No more shoe purchases.

Honored Contributor

@Beauty Maven wrote:

(snip) ......  Their prices are way too high ($30 - $40 for a cotton tee) and nothing ever fits correctly.  Their "clearance" prices are a joke too.  I always wonder, who's buying this stuff?  You can do so much better at Macy's, TJ Maxx and Marshalls!

@Beauty Maven 

True ... but ...

Neither Macy's, TJ Maxx nor Marshalls carries a wide variety of sizes and colors.    My last trip to Macy's was a waste of time.  

The "leftovers" stores like Marshalls and TJM are hit-and-miss.  I just don't have time time for that.

Esteemed Contributor

With regard to shoes I mostly shop elsewhere. I recently saw 2 pair of Clark’s sandals I liked on QVC. I bought 1 pair off the Clark’s website for 30% off + free shipping.( They also provide free returns).I bought the other pair off of Shoes.Com for 25% off + free shipping.

Last night I ordered 2 beautiful summer dresses from Chadwick’s. I had a 20% off coupon as well as a free shipping coupon they sent me for my birthday.I paid $80 total for my order.

I order less from QVC because of slow & expensive shipping & their higher prices.

Contributor

I have been complaining to QVC about their return shipping for over a year.

Recently I received a email from QVC indicating I was not to worry they would take care of everything on a return.

Yeah they certainly did take care of EVERYTHING    I received nothing back on a refund because of the dammed returned shipping policy they have.

Discgraceful and then when you call you hear the same pathetic cry from Customer Service  "I'm sorry"    I told the rep the I'm Sorry does not cut it anymore.   QVC is killing their customers with the horrible return policy.    I have stopped shopping with them

You order something and before you hang up they have taken the money out of your debit account.   If you need to return something it takes forever to get a refund but with the added charges they have put on above the $6.95   THERE IS NO REFUND.

BE HAPPY QVC.   HEARD YOUR STOCK IS DOWN  QVC/HSN.   IT WILL CONTINUE TO GO DOWN WITH THE FANCY DESIGNERS YOU HAVE AND THEIR PRODUCTS ARE MADE IN THE CHEAPEST COUNTRIES TO PRODUCE ITEMS IN THE WORLD AND WITH THE TARIFFS THAT ARE BEING PUT ON GOODS WHO WANTS TO AND WHO WOULD BUY THESE  ITEMS MADE IN China, VietNam and Susan Graver is the worst.   Her products are all made out of our country and she has the nerve to charge $67.00 got s cheap chiffon vest .  

QVC has failed it customers in so many ways.   Half the hosts do not even wear the prooducts on air.   Tells you something about what they are selling.  

Trusted Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I think that the "cost to try" is perfectly reasonable.   

Otherwise, QVC "eats the entire loss" or the rest of us pay higher prices.

The tryer/returner should pay their fair share.

Yes, the operative word is FAIR. Fair share is not exorbitant share. If it’s $3.50 to get to me it shouldn’t be double to send it back. Unfair. 

Honored Contributor

Oh I used to shop QVC way back in the early 90's. I was a young mom at home and thought the the Q was thee place to shop. I learned early on that 

it was way too costly for me to shop this way. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I live in a retail desert, so online and TV are virtually my only shopping sources besides Walmart.  My weight has changed this winter (guess which way) and my guess on size sometimes fits and sometimes not.  So I'm willing to pay the fee to get something fresh to wear.  I think the change in policy of no more free returns was due to people who really were taking advantage. I think a nice compromise would be to make the return fee 3.00 or 3.50.   

Respected Contributor

I never stick with any retailer that I have a lot of returns with.  Personally, I don't care if someone offers free shipping, or not, because I buy an item that is the best value.  The bottom line is my focus.  Even if a retailer offers free shipping and I return half of what I buy, what is the point?  I don't need the hassle.  IMO, if you are "trying" items, we have a totally different shopping mindset.  I strive to shop where I rarely return.