Honored Contributor

Yes, I love it.....the style, the color, the quality.  I would rather have a few items I love than a closet full of clothes and never find any thing to wear.  

Honored Contributor

I love it.  I can see my daughters or my nieces in that dress.  It wouldn't work for me.  I love the sleeves.  We all have different incomes, $320 is expensive but not too expensive for a special dress.  I don't understand how your two houses relate to a lace dress.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

From Anthropologie at $320.00.

Pretty, but the times it could be worn are few and far between.  This dress would have to be worn a lot to equal that price!

At that age, I had saved and had already built two houses!

Do you like it?

Lovely dress, break out the iron.  In the right climate it would be wonderful.

Not sure what age is indicted, but an income that would support two house could spring for this for sure.

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

From Anthropologie at $320.00.

Pretty, but the times it could be worn are few and far between.  This dress would have to be worn a lot to equal that price!

At that age, I had saved and had already built two houses!

Do you like it?

What is the age that you are referencing?

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Honored Contributor

Yes, the dress is beautiful but I'd personally rather have the the top and bottom one piece (if they are two distinct pieces). .... I've always loved styles like this one.....! 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

I bought two separate pieces at a boutique in my town; a lined eyelet skirt and eyelet blouse. Compared to the price I paid for the bouse and skirt the dress is not high at all. 

If you can afford the upkeep of two homes then this is just a drop in the bucket.

I have two homes also; summer home on the lake and winter home in the mountains.

I buy whatever suits my fancy.

Honored Contributor

@paixmcdao 

This dress could be warn at many ages.  It just matters what what your comfort zone is!

I would never bought this dress when I was building a house.

Respected Contributor

It's beautiful. It would be a gorgeous bridal  dress for a nature- inspired wedding!  💝

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

Women have different needs and income levels. What may be expensive to one woman would be considered inexpensive to another @ECBG 

The dress featured is reasonably priced considering the beautiful details. As a young woman I could have found many places to wear that dress. It brings me back to the 70's when I wore Dianne Von Furstenberg dresses and Cacharel sweaters from France. They were expensive but I wore them for years and although I didn't have a lot of them, my motto has always been quality over quantity...

I agree with you.If I was young I would own that and wear it often.I bet you have fabulous style.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

Women have different needs and income levels. What may be expensive to one woman would be considered inexpensive to another @ECBG 

The dress featured is reasonably priced considering the beautiful details. As a young woman I could have found many places to wear that dress. It brings me back to the 70's when I wore Dianne Von Furstenberg dresses and Cacharel sweaters from France. They were expensive but I wore them for years and although I didn't have a lot of them, my motto has always been quality over quantity...

I agree with you.If I was young I would own that and wear it often.I bet you have fabulous style.

Ahh, thank you @dex . I love fashion but I am a minimalist and have a very limited wardrobe. I once read an article in Vogue that the best dressed women in the world are the French and they have small closets and buy only the best they can afford. In other words, they buy quality over quantity. I have followed that mantra since my early 20's and it has never failed me....