Honored Contributor

So Very Pretty But.....

[ Edited ]

From Anthropologie at $320.00.

Pretty, but the times it could be worn are few and far between.  This dress would have to be worn a lot to equal that price!

At that age, I had saved and had already built two houses!

Do you like it?

Honored Contributor

Women have different needs and income levels. What may be expensive to one woman would be considered inexpensive to another @ECBG 

The dress featured is reasonably priced considering the beautiful details. As a young woman I could have found many places to wear that dress. It brings me back to the 70's when I wore Dianne Von Furstenberg dresses and Cacharel sweaters from France. They were expensive but I wore them for years and although I didn't have a lot of them, my motto has always been quality over quantity...

Respected Contributor

I think it is beautiful. The garment is beautifully made and timeless. Once upon a time, I may have had an occasion to wear it. (Fifty years and forty pounds ago.)

Trusted Contributor

To me it's beautiful! I could see it as a summer wedding dress but it could be worn for other special occasions too. I don't see it as an anytime, anywhere dress that's for sure. It's special.

$320 isn't chump change but if this is all cotton, with that embroidery - it doesn't seem out of line. It's out of my price range, for any of my ages lol, but if I were younger and in the market for a wedding dress, $320 wouldn't be too bad and I just might splurge.

Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful dress, but I don't see what the model's age has to do with anything.  Depending on a person's income and lifestyle, it might or might not be a reasonable buy.  I would not have spent that much on that dress at any age, but that's just me.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

Re: So Very Pretty But.....

[ Edited ]

That is one gorgeous dress. It looks beautifully made.  I can visualize it as a wedding dress at an informal spring/summer garden wedding.   Or a prom dress.  Back in the day I would have loved a dress like this but the day in long past.

I don't think it's over priced.

Trusted Contributor

I love Anthropologie, and I love this dress.  So, so pretty.  I can picture someone wearing this to renew wedding vows on a beach somewhere.  I don't think it's too costly all things considered.  If I were a little younger, I could get a lot of wear out of it.

Honored Contributor

A stunning dress, beautiful style and design, a stand out.  I love it!!!!

Super Contributor

@Trinity11  I'm a bit envious. In the early 1980's I desperately wanted a Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress. I just couldn't swing the cost. About 12 years ago I told myself..."I can afford that DVF." I went to the DVF store in Scottsdale Mall and proudly walked in ready to purchase. The store only had size 2 & 4s on the floor and the clerk said the larger sizes are in the store room. Well...I'm very big busted and a size 8 on the bottom...not one of the wrap dresses fit. So no DVF for me.

Esteemed Contributor

That is so pretty! I could see it as a wedding gown for a beachy wedding....