Super Contributor

Re: So Mistaken About the Shipping

On 2/27/2015 vaccinia said:

Why do some posters think it's some kind of badge of honor that they "never" return anything? Is this supposed to be some kind of achievement? Should we give you a medal?

If something doesn't work for me -- for whatever reason -- I return it. That reason might just be that I changed my mind. Is that some sort of moral failing? I don't think so.

ITA!!! It's not my business what other people return or why and it's not their business what I return or why.

I resent the way that they calculated the percentage of returns based on what you bought, in order to send out returns letters a few years ago. That was such bad business. And I suppose the woman at the head of the company that made that decision to send out those letters, is gone now so it looks like TPTB didn't like her policies.

QVC is always harping if you don't love it return it. Well don't they expect people to do that then? If you're going to preach it you have to deal with the returns. That is what their business is about anyway. If you are going to sell someone something and they buy it on faith, if they don't like it you have to understand they will return it.

I don't understand what the big deal is, about returns anyway.

I hate returning things and only return what I am really unhappy with --- but that's my decision and not for anyone else to determine what I should or should not return.

QVC needs to get back to their core values that they began with years ago.

Honored Contributor

On 2/26/2015 imaclotheshog said:
On 2/26/2015 CouponQueen said:

WHY should they pay for the shipping on a itme that you don't like for whatever reason? I don't get that..

I think everybody should be happy it continued as long as it did.

I think their prices are high and shipping worse. Once in a while something will come along with a add on that is a deal but other than that..

Because that is what their original business model was built on....ZERO risk to the customer, who was taking a chance ordering something they saw on their tv screen, that they couldn't hold, feel, touch, or try on. It was a way to make viewers comfortable with shopping with them, so the customer felt, that they didn't have anything to lose.

They are abandoning their core values and pledge to the viewers by not refunding original S&H charges. Nothing sets them apart now; nothing makes them unique or customer friendly.

While I would imagine that their intentions were good, unfortunately, they had to face the reality that people will play the system and it's just not practical to continue that kind of model. They are a retailer and have to make money. When there are huge numbers of people playing the system the costs just get too high.

I'm not trying to put up for QVC or anything. I'm just being realistic. I think that people need to have more of a realistic approach, instead of such an emotional one and they will understand that a retailer HAS to make money and if there is something, like people cheating the system, that gets in the way of that, they have to make revisions to their policies.

Frequent Contributor

For me this will curtail my shopping and that's probably a good thing. I will be careful to read all the details and also will be reluctant to risk the cost of a return if there is no video and none or just one or two good reviews. I only occasionally order from Evine because of the cost of a return.
Super Contributor

On 2/26/2015 lovesbe said:
On 2/26/2015 AnotherView2 said:

Whenever someone declares that they never return anything to QVC, I imagine their home stuffed with defective merchandise and ill fitting things. Either that or they only order one item a year and luck out.

I have purchased many items, I returned a ring that was to large once.You must have really bad luck with your purchases. I am shock you keep ordering from the Q.Your comment about homes stuffed with defective, or ill fitting products is kinda of a snotty viewpoint.Who keeps products that do not work or fit ? I love the new S&H, it works for me.

I DON'T keep ordering fitted items from QVC. Last Summer, I got some shoes and two different clothing items that were clearly mismarked in size so I returned them and stopped ordering stuff like that from QVC. They were items in brands that I knew my true QVC size for yet they were very ill fitting. So, what works for me is that I don't order clothes and shoes from QVC anymore because in my book, their vendor factories can't be trusted to get it right anymore.

Within the last 2 years, I've also received a defective Keurig machine that broke after a month, a Tignanello bag with a huge scratch on the nameplate, a Dooney with a visible dig in the leather, etc. that all had to go back, too.

I haven't ordered from the Q since mid December when I got an Isaac ceramic watch for Christmas ("as is") and I love it. It's rare that I will order in the future knowing that returns will eat into my hard earned cash.

Quite honestly, I don't think my original remark was snotty. It was my viewpoint and no less candid than the "I never return anything" ladies who call anyone that claims they have had to return something a "serial returner" even though they have no idea of their order history either.

Super Contributor

On 2/27/2015 vaccinia said:

Why do some posters think it's some kind of badge of honor that they "never" return anything? Is this supposed to be some kind of achievement? Should we give you a medal?

If something doesn't work for me -- for whatever reason -- I return it. That reason might just be that I changed my mind. Is that some sort of moral failing? I don't think so.

I don't think anyone has implied it is a moral failing to return items . Some posters have just had better luck, no medal needed Do you want one?If you change your mind for whatever reason of course you should return it and just pay the s&h.Why would you hate anyone that does not return item they are happy with. It's a win/win for all of us, right.

Super Contributor

Another view 2, have you ever shopped I Love Dooney"s web site, great prices and free shipping.just my viewpoint.

Honored Contributor

On 2/26/2015 Kathleen said:
On 2/26/2015 snickster said:

Sizing inconsistency should be their number one priority, I've said it several times now, but IMHO, if we have to pay for their errors in consistency, then I will not be buying much any longer. A......

I must be really lucky ... In all the years of shopping with QVC - I've exchanged only two items because of size issues.

I carefully check the "click here" measurements so very rarely find it necessary to return items.

There will always be some inconsistencies in sizing; it's the nature of the garment industry. I buy clothing at Dillard's and Macey's that is inconsistent. I find QVC's clothing is more consistent than most. When I buy D&C, I don't even try it on until I'm ready to wear it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

If they expect people to buy more than 1 color of the same item they need to incentivize us with a discount on the item price......I hope they have not discontinued that practice, random as it was. Usually it was $3 or $4 off. Eliminating that is going above and beyond all common sense.