Honored Contributor

So.......I re-ordered the Barefoot Dreams TSV.

[ Edited ]

Yes, I know. I sent it back. Yes, I thought it was too heavy. Yes...fling socks at me now.  

Here's why I reordered it:

I had ordered the California Coat off the Barefoot Dreams site based on the photos AND based on the fact that it's a coat AND based on the fact that the TSV sweater was so thick, plush and silky. I thought the coat would work for me outside more than the TSV would so... I returned it (I wanted an more indoor items and this is more outdoor weight for me).

The coat arrived. HUGE HUGE HUGE disappointment. First, it was short. The model must be petite and they must have put a  2x on her because there is no way on this planet that this coat in the correct size on me looks ANYTHING like the picture. That ticks me off, you know? Second...it's not soft. I mean, it is but NOTHING like the TSV. I thought all the BD items would have the same feel....NO, they don't!!  It fellt like the fuzzy poly stuff you buy at Walmart, Kohls, etc. 

So, the coat goes back and I've reordered the TSV. Please note that the lounge pants (no pocket ones) feel identical to the TSV...heaven.  Being honest, I want my BD items to feel like the TSV; if they don't, I won't keep them. Spoiled by the texture? Guess so. LOL.

Edited for spelling, missing words.

Honored Contributor

Re: So.......I re-ordered the Barefoot Dreams TSV.

ordered two of them today......burgundy and indigo.

have never been disappointed with any  BD items that i have ordered (from qvc, nordstrom, or soma.) another favorite fabric from their line is their milk luxe fabric. yes, they are expensive usually, but i do try to find them on sale. i HAVE purchased them full price though....that is how much i love the line.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

OK, get ready to duck........here comes the first sock!   Cat LOL

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde  LOL. I deserve it. Not one of my finer shopping moments!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam BD makes socks too lol! 

I really hope you like your cardi when it arrives. : ) 

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@Mj12

i love their beanies in the winter!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Regular Contributor

I ran into a similar problem. I recently ordered the poncho directly from Barefoot Dreams.  I don't know why I didn't order from QVC because I would have been able to choose between sizes on QVC and it would have arrived a lot sooner.  Anyway, the poncho arrived today.  It was nicely bagged and had a ribbon around it, but right off the bat I saw a stain on it.  Then on the underside I saw some little thing stuck to it like a rice krispie or something.  Obviously this must have been a return or else one of the baggers is eating on the job.  In any case, I am returning the item as  I had expected the fabric to be similar to that of the ruana I recently purchased from QVC (at a sale price), but it's not...it's 100% polyester vs. rayon/nylon that is a lower and nicer pile as far as I'm concerned.     Don't get me wrong...the poncho is nice but different from what I had expected.  I see that you were dealing with the same fabric difference as I am.

I'm happy you are going to get what best appeals and works for you.  I'm not crazy about heathered items, so I'm going to pass on the TSV but I'm hoping there will be a One Time Only on a different BD item.  I now have three wraps, one ruana, and one duster (which is my favorite!).  I'm hoping to pick up something else this Saturday.  Needless to say, I"m loving this brand. 

Enjoy your Montecito Cardi!

Respected Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

LOL and those BFD socks are awesome.  They are my winter sleep socks Smiley Happy

Deb