Honored Contributor

So .... I ordered yarn for two sweaters

[ Edited ]

I decided that I would make new sweaters to go with the JR pants that I  bought.  They haven't shipped yet - and if 'm lucky, they should arrive at about the same time as the yarn.

I ordered the pants in "camel" and in "olive."  

Whoever the female host was - she said the "camel" was a "mustardy yellow" on a grey/brown background.  

------------------------------------------------------------------

I probably should have waited for the pants to arrive and get a look at the camel and olive colors up close and personal ... but ..... if the colors don't coordinate - at least I'll have two new sweaters - and a reason to buy more yarn. 

I have a creamy white to wear in the event the colors don't work.  (Sweater style is a vertical rib crochet with long sleeves and turtleneck. My favorite pattern.)

------------------------------------------------------------------

The name of the color is Mustard Seed.  It's a heather.

Color is a solid ... name of color is Dark Moss.  

Honored Contributor

Re: So .... I ordered yarn for two sweaters

Lovely colors especially the olive!  The sweater sounds nice and you'll have to post pictures after you finish them.  

I used to crochet quite a bit and know the time and effort which goes into making sweaters and other items.  I does give you satisfaction when done to see what you accomplished!!!!  Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA  I came to your thread because I have a dear friend who knits amazing things.  You reminded me of her.

She helps me with keeping my house straight and, being the Vet's nurse, comes and hydrates him every day.  It keeps him alive and gives her money to support her yarn 'habit'.  Ha!

My other friend and I eat out as much as 4 times a week.  We often become good acquaintances with the waitresses.  Several have become pregnant.

I have my friend knit Afghans and outfits in the colors of the nursery and the themes.

I talk to people I see all of the time.  I've had my friend makeafghans for a pharmacist, several bank tellers and others.

I remember one of the waitresses was making the nursery theme Superman.  My friend knitted the Afghan the colors of Superman.   She found a tiny onesie that had the Superman "S" on it.  It was a hit.

I used to cross stitch and crochet.  I was asked if I'd sell them.  I said people wouldn't want to pay as much as the time I put into making them.

When I pay my friend I take that into account.

I'm curious if you ever get asked to make something for someone....and if you have?

Finally, let me tell you how much I admire your skill and that you enjoy making beautiful things.

Take care and stay safe.  Annabelle.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA  Love the colors, the style, and the pants will look gorgeous with your sweaters.  I would love to have your talent.  I hope you post the final results.

Honored Contributor

I wish I had the skills to make complicated patterns like sweaters!  I hope you like the wool when it arrives.

Respected Contributor

I think you did good,  I wouldn't want an exact match anyway.

Enjoy your new projects!

Valued Contributor

I applaud you.

I have been looking for yarn to knit a sweater. 

I have one sweater in progress but I have not been knitting quite as much as I normally do because of a lot of things going on.

I love the colors of the yarns and I think that they could almost be three season colors.

Enjoy the comfort of the sweater when finished.

I must say that knitting gives me comfort and calm--so I hope you get the same feeling.

Super Contributor

Great color selections!  I'm a knitter and crocheter.  I usually buy the clothing to match my sweaters.  Do you usually shop for yarn online or at your local yarn shop? Right now, I'm knitting a cardigan from Mary Maxim.

Please post a picture of your sweaters.  I would love to see them.

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

You know I am a long-time fan and admirer of your artistic/creative skills. The yarn you have chosen will be perfect for fall attire and pair so nicely with your new JR Pants.

I would like to see a picture of the pattern you are using if you are able to post and of course would love to see your finished sweaters. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ALRATIBA  I am an avid knitter and make everything from sweaters to lacy shaws to blankets etc.My current projects are a shawl, slip stitch Afghan in gorgeous malabrigo yarn and a baby blanket. I am blessed to have a wonderful LYS here with exquisite yarns.

What pattern are you using for your sweaters?