Esteemed Contributor

Re: Snug Jeans: sleek or just too tight?

Just b/c jeans are everywhere and in fashion, does not mean you must wear them. Every fashion is not for everyone and has never been so. You must "choose" from fashion what is "suitable" for you. However, no matter the size, all women feel they have got to wear jeans. Believe me, if you're sporting a 56" hip, you should bypass jeans. There are much other pants that will flatter your figure.

Trusted Contributor

Why thank you @Group 5 minus 1  youre so nice! But my mirror and birthday suit (lol)  say otherwise.

Respected Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

Just b/c jeans are everywhere and in fashion, does not mean you must wear them. Every fashion is not for everyone and has never been so. You must "choose" from fashion what is "suitable" for you. However, no matter the size, all women feel they have got to wear jeans. Believe me, if you're sporting a 56" hip, you should bypass jeans. There are much other pants that will flatter your figure.

@febe1 What a snotty, size-shaming opinion. Women no matter what their size should be allowed to wear jeans and wear what they like. You may feel anyone with a 56" hip or above doesn't look good in jeans, well, your statement certainly doesn't look good on you.

Honored Contributor

No--am not a snug jeans person. I always order up 1 size even tho there is that promise that their brand of jeans will not show any lumps/bumps---which is a big fat lie!!!!

altho--I ordered DG2 joggers in 3 colors--black, tan,navy in  size large and the  navy was way too big so ordered it in medium and it fit like the other colors--just weird that navy would fit different. 

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 I do not care for TIGHT jeans that show every crease, crinkle or impression.  I do not like the camel toe, hip, bump or lump, thank you!

Super Contributor

Aside from how they look, I can't stand the feel of jeans tight around my legs. Soft leggings maybe, but not denim. I also don't think any clothing so tight it wrinkles around the body rather than hanging straight is unattractive and makes the wearer look heavier than they would otherwise. 

Honored Contributor

Even though I'm 'slim-ish', I don't like wearing tight jeans, pants, etc.  

Soft jeggings, fine around the house. 

But it's nice to know and see that many women have good self esteem and love wearing their tight items.

Good for them! 

I'm going to have to change my ways.  For my own benefit.  It's better to have good self esteem.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Even though I'm 'slim-ish', I don't like wearing tight jeans, pants, etc.  

Soft jeggings, fine around the house. 

But it's nice to know and see that many women have good self esteem and love wearing their tight items.

Good for them! 

I'm going to have to change my ways.  For my own benefit.  It's better to have good self esteem.

Good to see you posting again @ROMARY .🥰

Honored Contributor

Trinity:  Oh, thank you!   Nice that you noticed (I'm serious in a nice way).  

Yes, yesterday, a very nice, patient representative via phone tried over and over again, and said to wait 24 or so hours.  So that's what I did.  I was surprised, to say the least.

Again, thank you.  Have a nice weekend!

Sincerely, R.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@ROMARY   Hi Romary! Glad to see you here! Thought maybe you took the summer off...