Esteemed Contributor

Re: Snug Jeans: sleek or just too tight?

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'm a very small person. I like my jeans to fit snug but not tight where the fabric looks rippled. I will not wear jeans if there's any bagging in the butt. That's wear I draw the line. My jeans have to fit snug on my back side or else I'm not wearing them.

LOL @SilleeMee "bagging in the butt."

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset  - Agree with @SilleeMee  - No bagging in the butt!!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@gertrudecloset  -  I love a good low rise or mid rise.

@San Antonio Gal Me too.  I like them snug in the rear but otherwise just skimming the legs.  No sausage casings for me.  Regrettably for QVC, all the jeans are sausage casings on my less than skinny legs.  I tell my husband, just watch, they'll spend at least half the presentation pulling on their thighs to show how much the fabric stretches.  "Look, you too can stuff your legs into these."  I HATE stretchy jeans.  They won't stay in place without a belt.  No thanks.  

@Icegoddess @San Antonio Gal 

My sister and I call those too tight stretchy pants, just because you can pants. 

As for myself, I don't  like how I look in jeans that are so tight you can see my kneecap or if the marterial ripples/wrinkles/pulls. Slim fit yes...but not tight.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Great name @kate2357 !  Just-because-you-can pants.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm not really slim, but my legs and hips are and always have been my best body feature.  So I'm great with tighter jeans and they are good on me.  

Respected Contributor

@kate2357 @That's funny! I'll remember that one!

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@gertrudecloset  - Agree with @SilleeMee  - No bagging in the butt!!  Smiley Happy

^^^^^5 @San Antonio Gal 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tthatsme I do not think 16-18 is a plus size. Anyway "snug jeans" look ok on a slim person. But when all the extra stuff shows,not a good idea.

Hubbs says any size over 0 is a plus size. (Yes, he is a math nerd.)

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

I'm 62 and a 1x so the answer is no, I don't wear skin tight jeans. I probably woukd if I was ten years younger and a size xs.  I wear my clothes the way I wear them.  I don't criticize other women's fashion choices. 

Respected Contributor

I'm very plus sized and prefer a snugger fit, but not so skin tight that the fabric is wrinkly and crinkly. I don't think I look good in relaxed or baggier fits, they make me look bigger and the loose fabric hanging from the butt and back of the thighs is very bulky and uncomfortable. As long as the clothing doesn't have obscene or offensive sayings, people should wear what makes them feel comfortable and attractive.