Honored Contributor

I think it looks cute and more importantly very comfortable and healthy. I love that any woman or girl values her comfort and long term wellness over fashion. Nothing "unfeminine"or "confused" about it, in fact it's the height of being female to define yourself by your own self confident standards and not by what anyone else thinks. 

I love that young girls and women are doing just that.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

Cybil Shepard was dressing like this for all the award shows 25 yrs ago. 

I would only pair sneakers with a sporty style dress.

Honored Contributor

I think sneakers and casual short dresses are very cute.  Also, when the dresses are kind of boho or country looking and long, they also look cute.  I don't think sneakers with a dressy dress would look that good.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I do it quite a bit. I have wide feet that swell as the day goes on, so heels are a no for me. But I wear the mesh sneakers or flats, in the style of Keds or Sketchers, not athletic sneakers or hi-tops,  and I have a variety of colors. My lifestyle doesn't require the dressier or corporate look for work or when I'm home, so all my dresses are casual. 

Esteemed Contributor

It's not new but it's something I don't care for unless it's a younger person and they are in a sundress or a casual dress.   I don't care for the look with a formal dress.   I know some women have worn them with their suits in NYC and other major cities because of the walking they do to/from work but normally carry their heels in a bag and change once they're at work.  That would be OK and is something I would do if I worked in that type of environment and city.  I've seen the look on some senior citizens too which I think is acceptable.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown