Respected Contributor

Re: Sneak Peek of New Tunic Shirts A252345

Love all the colors, too, but that blue{#emotions_dlg.tt1} And, I love the way Louis sets the scene for the blue shirt on the Greek island of Mykonos...

It reminds me of the Greek Island of …..MYKONOS……….What a wonderful place to spend some time swimming in the clear aqua water…. laying on the beach….eating lunch and drinking cold white wine at the tavernas…..and then taking a nap

Sign me up. Seriously.

Honored Contributor

On 2/22/2014 GraceCO said:

Love all the colors, too, but that blue{#emotions_dlg.tt1} And, I love the way Louis sets the scene for the blue shirt on the Greek island of Mykonos...

It reminds me of the Greek Island of …..MYKONOS……….What a wonderful place to spend some time swimming in the clear aqua water…. laying on the beach….eating lunch and drinking cold white wine at the tavernas…..and then taking a nap

Sign me up. Seriously.

It's a good life. My first time in Greece, I found it difficult to take the afternoon naps. After two weeks, I was fully into the rhythm, which has changed in the half century since. Even the stores in Athens closed in the afternoon then; now, not so much. As for the villages and islands, such beauty and peace all rolled together into one! I stayed from June to August my first time in the homeland and cried uncontrollably when I had to go. I loved the lifestyle and the landscape. My Greek relatives were surprised and amused.

Respected Contributor

On 2/22/2014 Goldie76 said:

<em>It reminds me of the Greek Island of …..MYKONOS……….What a wonderful place to spend some time swimming in the clear aqua water…. laying on the beach….eating lunch and drinking cold white wine at the tavernas…..and then taking a nap</em>

Sign me up. <em>Seriously.<br /></em>

It's a good life. My first time in Greece, I found it difficult to take the afternoon naps. After two weeks, I was fully into the rhythm, which has changed in the half century since. Even the stores in Athens closed in the afternoon then; now, not so much. As for the villages and islands, such beauty and peace all rolled together into one! I stayed from June to August my first time in the homeland and cried uncontrollably when I had to go. I loved the lifestyle and the landscape. My Greek relatives were surprised and amused.

I love all things Greek and those words just made me want to plan my next trip.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Regular Contributor

I'm in for the blue. Just beautiful.

Honored Contributor

i think the colors are all great, especially the yellow. i have not tried the faux silk,so this may be a piece to try . i hope that these are a true tunic length.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

<em>It reminds me of the Greek Island of …..MYKONOS……….What a wonderful place to spend some time swimming in the clear aqua water…. laying on the beach….eating lunch and drinking cold white wine at the tavernas…..and then taking a nap</em>

Goldie, that sounds so wonderful, even though I'm sure there have been changes--you are so fortunate to have this rich heritage and to have had the experience of spending months there. I haven't been to Greece yet, but it's now moved to the top of my travel bucket list. And, I'll be taking Louis' blue tunic shirt along when I goSmiley Wink

That blue shirt, Louis' description and your story=inspiration.

Super Contributor

In love with the blue! I've been blessed to go to Greece twice, and can't wait to go back! Mykonos is wonderful, the whole country is wonderful. Printed photos are framed around the house as reminders :-)

Super Contributor

Definitely the blue for me, worn over the blue and white porcelain top and white jeans

Honored Contributor

Goldie, that sounds so wonderful, even though I'm sure there have been changes--you are so fortunate to have this rich heritage and to have had the experience of spending months there. I haven't been to Greece yet, but it's now moved to the top of my travel bucket list. And, I'll be taking Louis' blue tunic shirt along when I goSmiley Wink

That blue shirt, Louis' description and your story=inspiration.

It's time for me to go again, too. I want to see those who still remain one last time. All of us are not getting any younger. That country had a great effect on who I ultimately became. I am especially grateful for the perspective on life that it showed me.