Respected Contributor

Sneak Peek - Wood Block Print Dress!

Linea has a 2 hour Show in June! There will be lots of fabulous Sneak Peeks!

<h3 class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 40px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 2.4em; font-weight: normal; color: #444444; text-decoration: none; padding: 0px;"> “THE MOSS WOOD BLOCK PRINT DRESS”</h3>

May show 201421

………………….A NEW PRINT a NEW DRESS…..A255151……………The design was inspired by INDONESIAN WOOD BLOCK PRINTS…………..The fabric is my FEATHER JERSEY. I know there are a great deal of you who absolutely love this fabric and have been asking me to please bring it back. Two of my most successful dresses have been done in this fabric…one being the Russian Expressionist inspired print dress, A234414, If you have any questions about this fabric I would suggest you read the reviews of that dress. The fabric is very light weight and super COOL…..perfect for the summer days to come………………..The coloration of the print is TONAL. For the ……MOSS…….color above there are two colors…..the dark OLIVE and the lighter MOSS GREEN. I personally love these RICH, DEEP summer colors that can take you right through Oct., and for the southerners….all year long. I have the perfect color necklaces and earring to coordinate with this dress……..J278133, earring, J278132 necklace and J278131 companion necklace….all in OLIVE [don't look at the QVC photos! They are not representative of what the pieces look like]. ………………The SILHOUETTE…………The dress has a SKIM & FLARE SHAPE…..notice I did NOT say “FIT & FLARE”. This is not a fitted into the waist dress. It SKIMS the BODY and then gracefully falls into a softly flared skirt….not to full and not skimpy…..a perfect balance. The dress is approx. 41 inches long for the XS…..The shoulder straps are definitely bra friendly, and the piped neckline is the marriage of a “V” and a “U”…..so it’s a rounded V.The armholes are likewise piped……This is the dress you will reach for when you don’t want to think about separates and coordinating pieces…….When the weather forecast is for blistering temperatures and you just want to put on something you know will be light as a “FEATHER”, comfortable and cool…….scroll down…………………………..enjoy………………much Love……………………………….Louis

<h3 class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 40px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 2.4em; font-weight: normal; color: #444444; text-decoration: none; padding: 0px;"> “THE TEAL WOOD BLOCK PRINT DRESS”</h3>

May show 201423

The TEAL WOOD BLOCK PRINT DRESS……is a combination of a very dark teal and a paler teal for a tonal effect. Again, I want to emphasize this is not a fitted dress. The bust measurement is the measurement you should look at, especially if you are large. Sometimes, in jersey fabrics with a lot of stretch, which this has, a larger chest can pull the armhole forward which can create the effect of a too large armhole. We have checked this very carefully on our plus and missy models. Undergarments can also play a big part in the fit of the top of the dress……..The dress has PRINCESS SEAMS to give a gentle fit……This fabric will fall into the body, following the lines of the body WITHOUT CLINGING!……..It is a very flattering fabric and the print does its’ job to conceal and camouflage………..scroll down……………………………………enjoy………………………….much Love……………………………….Louis

<h3 class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 40px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 2.4em; font-weight: normal; color: #444444; text-decoration: none; padding: 0px;"> “THE RASPBERRY WOOD BLOCK PRINT DRESS”</h3>

May show 201418

The color is called RASPBERRY…..some may think it more MAGENTA……………….The ground is a very dark BLACK BERRY with the RASPBERRY motifs. Unfortunately I could not capture the richness and depth of the colors in my photographs……………I chose to accessorize the dress with my BRASS HAMMERED LINK & COLOR STONE NECKLACES, J278125, and the matching earring, J278127, which work beautifully against the print without competing with it……This is also a print for women who don’t wear prints, because it is not an in your face busy print. The tonal colors subdue the pattern………I know when you try this dress on you will immediately know that this is the dress you will choose to wear when those “dog days of summer” arrive……For some of you they are already here!…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

……………………………………………………………..e

Respected Contributor

Re: Sneak Peek - Wood Block Print Dress!

Oh no, Linea Budget seriously BLOWN! YIKES!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Esteemed Contributor

Love this ... both the prints and style of the dress! It'll be hard to decide ... possibly the teal and moss ... my southwestern jewelry will work with both colors.

Trusted Contributor

Raspberry or teal for me. Need to see what else is coming before I decide. Love the feather jersey!

Valued Contributor

The moss and olive is beautiful in those tones of green.

Super Contributor

Ooooo....I really like this one, and all the colors are so pretty! I just received A234414 after stalking it forever. LOVE that fabric - it really is so cool and comfortable. The armholes are a bit big for me on that dress though...hope these are a bit different. I will for sure get this one - I am leaning toward the raspberry.

Respected Contributor

LOVE this dress, especially in teal. Louis says the length is 41 1/2 for xs, so this is a "go" for me!!! So beautiful. Waiting to hear if the necklaces will be available too.

Regular Contributor

So pretty! I will be ordering.....

I would love to see Louis bring back the maxi dress - was it last year? - that is elastic at the empire waist, has pockets, and is floral. It has an elastic rounded neck and elastic short sleeves. Came in cream and black combo and a greenish yellow and cream combo. Also came in petites!! I missed it in the yellow version and am so sad! I LOVE the one I got, wear it OFTEN!

Louis, are you listening? Smiley Wink Your designs are just wonderful!!

Respected Contributor

On 5/20/2014 acim said:

So pretty! I will be ordering.....

I would love to see Louis bring back the maxi dress - was it last year? - that is elastic at the empire waist, has pockets, and is floral. It has an elastic rounded neck and elastic short sleeves. Came in cream and black combo and a greenish yellow and cream combo. Also came in petites!! I missed it in the yellow version and am so sad! I LOVE the one I got, wear it OFTEN!

Louis, are you listening? Smiley Wink Your designs are just wonderful!!

YES!!! Love that dress, too, and a maxi anything is my favorite thing in clothing.

Regular Contributor

Oh, goodness!! Loving this dress!! It's a bit long for me, so a petite length would be great, but I think I would be willing to hem it if no petites are offered. All three colors work with my skintone, my debit card is going to be in trouble!