Respected Contributor

Re: Sneak Peek - TWO STRAND Graduated Bead Necklace J296893 - WOW!

Called CS and she said she'd send one out immediately. I asked for the goldtone. The silver just doesn't flatter my coloring although I love the look.It seems more like white gold; which I don't wear. The gold should bring out my highlights; my hair is my most expensive accessory. It should look good with the new hunter green and navy I bought for this winter.

I don't think the second strand was ever attached; when I just slightly lifted the necklace up the beads flew all over.

Hate to complain about the small stuff but it's been one of those days. Having trouble coordinating my doctors. It's like Rashomon. I need John Kerry.

I come home and my toilet is about to overflow. Maintenance guy says if it keeps happening they'll have to go into the wall. It's happened too much.

The UPS guy put my packages in the bin we have in our lobby for trash. A neighbor found them and brought them to me.

And poof: I'm going over my rug with a magnet.

Valued Contributor

I purchased these, in chocolate, for a friend's birthday tomorrow. Good thing I took them out of the plastic bag before I wrapped them because the wire was broken and the beads were all over the bottom of the bag. Not only was it disappointing to have to return them but I had to go out this afternoon and get my friend another gift.

Sigh...what's going on with the Q's quality control anymore.

Maria

Respected Contributor

On 9/18/2014 curlywhitedog said:

I purchased these, in chocolate, for a friend's birthday tomorrow. Good thing I took them out of the plastic bag before I wrapped them because the wire was broken and the beads were all over the bottom of the bag. Not only was it disappointing to have to return them but I had to go out this afternoon and get my friend another gift.

Sigh...what's going on with the Q's quality control anymore.

Maria

The issue appears to be way beyond quality control now---it's a major problem it seems due to the sheer number of broken strings being reported here. Quality control only randomly spot checks. Somehow no broken necklaces were "selected" for random testing. Anyway, Louis has a new manufacturer for next year, but it's going to be a trial until then, unfortunately.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

I just received my necklaces--all four colors--and they are perfect. I can't wait to wear them--classic and elegant. So light and comfortable to put on. I'll be reaching for them again and again to be sure all is OK, but so far, so good. I'll be so bummed if there is a problem. I won't want to send them back!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the necklace condition information, ladies. I'll wear mine around the house tomorrow and off and on all weekend to check it out. Sounds like it's good that Louis is changing manufacturers. Just too bad this necklace is made by the old one.
Respected Contributor

Louis posted the following message on his blog:

FYI

This information is those of you who may have received a beaded necklace that came broken. Instead of sending it back to QVC you can, if you choose to, send it to the head office and they will make sure it is fixed properly. You would need to enclose a short letter with your name and address. Just state you are a Linea QVC customer and the necklace arrived broken. If there are any reorders on this necklace my new manufacturing partner will make them. Of course if the returns are too high it will be discontinued, and that will be a shame, because it is a fabulous necklace that will only become a more and more important accessory in the coming months. The address to send it to is:

TCJC

3B Industrial Drive

Smithfield, R.I. 02917

Honored Contributor

On 9/20/2014 GraceCO said:

Louis posted the following message on his blog:

FYI

This information is those of you who may have received a beaded necklace that came broken. Instead of sending it back to QVC you can, if you choose to, send it to the head office and they will make sure it is fixed properly. You would need to enclose a short letter with your name and address. Just state you are a Linea QVC customer and the necklace arrived broken. If there are any reorders on this necklace my new manufacturing partner will make them. Of course if the returns are too high it will be discontinued, and that will be a shame, because it is a fabulous necklace that will only become a more and more important accessory in the coming months. The address to send it to is:

TCJC

3B Industrial Drive

Smithfield, R.I. 02917

Grace, how much I appreciate the way Louis "has our back" and paves an easy path to recovery -- whichever way we desire it. And others sometimes wonder why we value him so much.

p.s. I had read the post from Louis before seeing it here and that is why I did not write a "thank you" to you, but I should have because you have done a service for those who may have missed Louis's words.

Honored Contributor

On 9/16/2014 Seka said:

Glad to read the positive comments about this beautiful Two Strand Necklace! Mine have all shipped - not yet received.

There are already 4 Reviews posted - ALL are 5 Star!

Wow, that is amazing considering all the posts about them arriving broken......

Respected Contributor

I am one of the lucky ones. I ordered 6 necklaces, doubles of the gold and silver, and they all arrived in perfect condition. It would be a shame if these don't get reordered. They are really wonderful and there is absolutely nothing like them in any of the stores. I've looked.

Valued Contributor

On 9/21/2014 MarilynM said:

I am one of the lucky ones. I ordered 6 necklaces, doubles of the gold and silver, and they all arrived in perfect condition. It would be a shame if these don't get reordered. They are really wonderful and there is absolutely nothing like them in any of the stores. I've looked.

I guess I am lucky also, I got 4 of these necklaces in perfect condition. Would like to get a reorder in olive, navy,taupe........

I also have look in the stores and don't see anything that even compares to these.