Trusted Contributor

Re: Sneak Peek New SLIM PANT.......AND.......

On 10/13/2014 Sheesh said:

I have a Dennis Basso coat similar to this coat already, so I need to understand what makes this one different. Wonder what the fabric is on the non-fur side? Right now I'm on the fence.

Sheesh, we must have the same DB coat. I have had it for a couple of years and it still looks brand new so I definitely do not need another one like it. Actually, I think I may have 2. One is of a similar water repellant material reversible to fur with a hood.

I do love those stone pants!

Trusted Contributor

Wowee wow wow! And I told myself I'd skip the stone items! Hah! I have my Mom's old mouton jacket from the 50s and have always loved the look and feel. I keep revising my October 27th list because each new sneak peek takes my breath away. Bye bye poncho (sniff).
Respected Contributor

On 10/13/2014 Jerseygirl1266 said:

I have a Dennis Basso coat similar to this coat already, so I need to understand what makes this one different. Wonder what the fabric is on the non-fur side? Right now I'm on the fence.

Sheesh, we must have the same DB coat. I have had it for a couple of years and it still looks brand new so I definitely do not need another one like it. Actually, I think I may have 2. One is of a similar water repellant material reversible to fur with a hood.

I do love those stone pants!

I have the previous Slim Pants in Black and Olive, so I may get the Stone.

I have lots of DB coats, although many are too big now, including some of my favorites.

What is the item number of your DB coat?

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

On 10/13/2014 gardensla said:

The reversible fur has a fabric that looks like a rain coating with a mouton like fur….no wool at all. It is a walking coat length 35 Inches?? I’m not home to measure. It’s like a wrap coat with buttons and a big shawl collar. It come with a tie belt. So on one side you have a black or stone rain type fabric and on the other side a black fur.

Thanks, I'm still on the fence.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

The previous pants in black & olive is A217972.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Contributor

I have been waiting for these pants. My only problem is that the Regular is going to be 30"" inseam. I am afraid that may be too short and I am heartsick over it! How does someone who is 5'8 or 5'9 wear these slim pants? With what shoes? Shooties? I just want to make sure the pants don't look too short. I have purchased all the olive tops (and a couple of the stone) in anticipation of these pants.

Respected Contributor

Is that A226688? I ordered it and then cancelled. Decided I didn't need it. I'm still wearing the very first (and only)DB faux fur I bought from him. It's probably fifteen years old. He brought it back this year is a slightly different style.

Years ago I had a khaki fabric coat with a faux fur lining that the cleaners ruined. I didn't know I had to have it ""fur cleaned."" Love the look.

Trusted Contributor

This trend toward shorter than normal pants is so irritating. I believe the super ponte pants in petite didn't sell because many women who usually buy petite sizes bought regular sizes because the length was so short. I hope Louis and/or QVC reverses this trend soon.
Honored Contributor

I would love to try these pants but a 30 inch in seam is way too short for me! This is why I wear jeans so often - I can get them long enough. Glad I did not purchase items to go with them already.

Contributor

I got the skirts in both Olive and Stone... but sure would have loved the slim pants. At 30", there's just no way. So unfortunate.