Super Contributor

Sneak Peek - New Medallion Print Top A259107

“THE SIENNA OMBRE MEDALLION PRINT”

WK scarf5

……….With each group of clothing I like to introduce a new print…..not always, but when I find…..or develop a print that “speaks” to me……I am inspired to create a garment to show if off at its best….Out of all the garments you can buy, prints are probably the most personal….you either like them or you don’t….the reaction is often instant….it must “sing” to you!…….This print I call the “Ombre Medallion”, because the background of the print is an ombred field…..where the color is dark at the top and gets paler as you go down……I think of the medallions as “FALLING MEDALLIONS”. As they descend down to the hem, and the background color gets paler, the medallions spread out…..sort of emulating the ombre………..This is an ENGINEERED PLACEMENT PRINT ………meaning the pattern is designed to fit the pattern…..and each top will be exactly the same..Notice how the pattern on the sleeve lines up with the pattern on the body…..This is the opposite of a “random print”……Engineered and placement prints are more expensive then “all over random” prints, because the pattern has to be placed perfectly, and the garment needs to be cut exactly….whereas with a random print the pattern can be placed anywhere which saves fabric consumption…..just a piece of info that explains why some prints, on the same fabric, cost more than others……………The color above is………SIENNA……….a rich warm cinnamon spicy color…..The medallions are outlined in black…..making black an easy bottom option. The ivory ground is an eggshell color. I also love the TAUPE SUPER PONTE PANT, A257338, shown above, which blends seamlessly with the top………The FREE FORM NECKLACE, J317652, in the ROOT BEER/GUNMETAL…. is the perfect accessory. If you own the J288007 spaced bead necklace in the spice….it is the perfect necklace to layer with the other……..The fabric you all know…..it is the Poly/span that I use frequently for my prints. For those of you who already own this fabric….you already know how easy care it is, and what terrific travel pieces these are…..The silhouette is simple and easy. The neckline has a gentle scoop….the sleeves are long……and the body is slim at the top and flares at the bottom creating a nice swing……It is approx 29 inches in length for the XS…………This is a piece that easily fits into anyone’s life style…..any time of year!……………………………………………………………………………………………….

“THE OLIVE OMBRE MEDALLION PRINT”

WK scarf6

……………….The color is being called OLIVE, and it is a deep Olive at the top, but the major color is a wonderful rich OCHRE………It’s a golden color that keeps changing, and becomes CITRINE as it descends to the hem. The OLIVE SLIM PANT, A259702 is the perfect compliment…….I know there will be questions about the necklace. It was an alternative color to the root beer/gunmetal……we went with the root beer and dropped the citrine, so it’s just for inspiration…..you can always go with your Gunmetal beads, Black beads or your spaced Jet necklace which will be perfect………This is a very special color, and it may not be for everyone….but if you know this is for you…..it is a wonderful unique color, and you will look unique wearing it……………………………………………

“THE RASPBERRY OMBRE MEDALLION PRINT”

medallion print

……………………RASPBERRY………….is the third color being offered in the MEDALLION PRINT TOP, A259107………and it is a very juicy delicious color. As I said previously….all of the colors…the SIENNA, OLIVE, BALTIC BLUE, still to0 come, and the RASPBERRY seem to glow on this fabric……which is something you really can’t appreciate in the photos…….The skirt is a brand new JERSEY KNIT that will be avail this month, and will have its’ own sneak peek………………JET…JET…JET………day or night always works for me. I really do not believe in day jewelry and night jewelry…..Why put such restrictions on yourselves….where is it written what is for what. If you want to wear a diamond bracelet and earrings…or JET during the day………….go ahead…..live it up!………………enjoy………………

“THE BALTIC BLUE OMBRE MEDALLION PRINT”

WK scarf7

………….BALTIC BLUE……is a wonderful new color. Sometimes, when the light is just right, the Caribbean sea can take on this clean….clear color….. The deeper blue for the deep water…the paler blue as the water gets shallower nearer to the shore. The color glows. I have it simply worn with my Black Ponte pant, A237394, returning this month. I know there are many of you who have been waiting for this very successful pant to make a return…..Two strands of the Peacock spaced bead necklaces, J288007, finish the look. I know you are going to love this new BLUE……………………………..enjoy

Respected Contributor

Re: Sneak Peek - New Medallion Print Top A259107

Whoa! I am picky about my prints, but I love this one!! Will be a tough choice between the raspberry and blue. I'm not normally a pink person, would usually pick blue over pink, but I really think the pattern pops against the raspberry. Wow!

Esteemed Contributor

A raspberry will be coming home to me.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Love this Print - and all of the colours are amazing - my favourites are the Sienna and Olive!

Honored Contributor

Gee, tough to decide which color I like the best!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Frequent Contributor

It's a toss up between sienna & olive for me. I, too, love this print!
Respected Contributor

This is a fun print, and I love this fabric. I'm in for the olive and sienna.
Trusted Contributor

Gorgeous! Love olive & sienna especially, but the blue is beautiful too. Uh oh!
Honored Contributor

I might try the blue one -- very pretty. It would be my first LDO purchase.

Respected Contributor

I'm having a very tough time choosing! It's spectacular..... I just wrote in the blog, if this blue is tonal with the WK petrol blue maxi skirt. I think it would be fine. I also have the nutmeg maxi.....that sienna would be perfect. Shoot and I'm thinking of retiring soon!