Respected Contributor

Sneak Peek - FLAME STITCH Top & Skirt! WOW!

FYI - seems that the first 'page' of this Sneak Peek hasn't been posted yet - can copy and paste when it shows up!

These pieces are just gorgeous! In both colour options!

<h3 class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 40px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 2.4em; font-weight: normal; color: #444444; text-decoration: none; padding: 0px;"> “BRICK RED CON’T”</h3>

August 201421

……………………………………………………………………………………………………….Just a few more photos for a second look………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

<h3 class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 40px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 2.4em; font-weight: normal; color: #444444; text-decoration: none; padding: 0px;"> “THE HUNTER GREEN FLAME STITCH TOP & SKIRT”</h3>

August 201425

The same two pieces that will be available in the BRICK RED will be available in the……………..HUNTER GREEN……………….This time the combination is……… HUNTER GREEN……BLACK…………..LUGGAGE…..with that allusive touch of GOLD………In the Brick Red photos the top was worn tucked in…..here the top is on the outside of the skirt and belted…..tucked in….worn out,,,belted or not….it all works……………………..As you can see from the photos above the NUTMEG CARDIGAN, A257376 and the matching NUTMEG TANK, A237404, are the perfect match……..The LUGGAGE or TARRAGON LEATHER BLAZERS work well with the Hunter Green Flame Stitch pieces as well………Take Note…….I do not like the Nutmeg with the Luggage leather, but I do like the Nutmeg with the Tarragon leather. I like the Hunter Green WK with the Luggage Leather…..so there are lots of alternatives to pull it all together…of course this is MHO….PLEASE NOTICE the Whisper Knit SCARVES in both the NUTMEG and the HUNTER GREEN, A257294 which give you that added extra dramatic ACCENT……….and FUNCTIONAL too!…………………………….Fall is definitely in the Fashion Air!!!………………………………..enjoy……………..Much Love……………………….Louis

Honored Contributor

Re: Sneak Peek - FLAME STITCH Top & Skirt! WOW!

Those items are: A257287 (sweater) & A257288 (skirt)

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

I'm getting both colors. Love this sort of dressing...

Received the taupe/black leopard top (L) and skirt (M) and could not be more pleased!

1 pound shy of having lost 40 lbs. Side benefit ALL NEW CLOTHES!!!

Trusted Contributor

Looks very Missoni. Love these pieces.
Super Contributor

Louis added some text:

I had this outfit on my form in my studio when Jac walked in and said….”WOW is that Missoni?” to which I answered…”no it’s Linea”……..Jac did the Missoni runways shows in Milan for years, and always said what wonderful people Tai and Rosita Missoni were to her……The Missonis made their FLAME STITCH famous and ICONIC, and they are still doing them today. I have always, as a designer, stayed clear of anything that remotely hinted of Missoni, not because I didn’t like it, but because it was so identifiable to them, and the copies were always so poorly done……That was until I happened upon this gem of a fabric!…..This is a knitted fabric done in the classic FLAME STITCH pattern.It is made of 93%nylon/4% span/3% other……that’s what it says on the label……I know….I know….NYLON!…..I was just as surprised as you!! If you can get passed what it says on the label….I know you will love this fabric as much as I do. As I always tell you…..” the yarns of yesteryear ane not the same as what is being produced today”. The mystery for me is…….lI would swear there is a hint of lurex knitted across the fabric…..could it be “the other fiber? The lurex like yarn could possibly be a shiny nylon thread which is very subtle, and gives the fabric a hint of sparkle when the light hits it just right…..It gives the fabric LIFE….The fabric way tested for fiber content and no lurex was reported….so there you go. There is no itchiness or scratchiness to the inside of the fabric which is smooth and silky. It is a very light fabric with beautiful drape and movement…I think the top worn with the skirt has a very RETRO LOOK……a little….”BONNIE & CLYDE”…..The color above is called…..BRICK RED…..It is made up of BRICK RED, DEEP WINE, BLACK, TAUPE and this mystery yarn that looks like GOLD….The TAUPE DRAPED FRONT CARDIGAN, A257376, that was just sold as the OTO, matches wonderfully to this fabric, and gives you another way to wear these pieces…..sorry there’s no picture…..It certainly gives the term “soft suiting” a whole new meaning!! The new BRICK RED SHORT JACKET looks great with this top, and you can see from the photos above…..the BLACK and WINE LEATHER BLAZERS, A228554, are fabulous with the two piece dress look. ….The AUBERGINE WK SKIRT and SWEATERS, with the FLAME STITCH pieces, will be the perfect MIX & MATCH separates to extend your wardrobes and give that necessary ACCENT!….The FLAME STITCH TOP, A257286, has long sleeves and a “V” neckline., It has an easy fit but always pay attention to the bust and shoulder measurement for the proper size. There is a lot of stretch to this fabric, and you want the top to glide over your body not stretch over it. I would think your normal WK size would be correct. There is TAPE in the shoulder to prevent stretching. The length or the XS is approx. 26 inches……..The FLAME STITCH SKIRT, A257288, is a PULL-ON and you will have absolutely no problem getting this over your hips….so don’t buy it too big. Your normal size should be fine. The shirt is A-LINE and also has a lining. The Flame Stitch top is not lined.The skirt is approx 27? to 27 1/2? long…………PLEASE NOTE….The top is cut on the HORIZONTAL….while the skirt is cut on the VERTICAL…..I did this intentionally, because while draping the fabric on the form. I found it not only more interesting, but more slenderizing…….I would love to see you wear my AUBERGINE TIGHTS…..or for fun…..my new PEEK-A-BOO tights with the LACE PATTERN RUNNING UP THE BACK OF THE LEG!!!!………..Something unexpected is always FUN!!……I think this fall is off to a good start……………………………………………………………………………………………

………………………………………………………………enjoy………………………much Love……………………………………………………..Louis

Super Contributor

Honored Contributor

These two outfits make my heart sing!

Respected Contributor

I own the jackets and as soon as these two pieces are available I will own them in both colors too. Louis is right, his fall line is off to a great start.

Respected Contributor

On 8/8/2014 LDOlvr said:

I'm getting both colors. Love this sort of dressing...

Received the taupe/black leopard top (L) and skirt (M) and could not be more pleased!

1 pound shy of having lost 40 lbs. Side benefit ALL NEW CLOTHES!!!

Brava, to you, for the weight loss. I started a diet in Sept 2012 and I have also lost weight from a L/XL to a S/M---great on the body, havoc on the clothes budget!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

I own the black and the burgundy leather jackets as well, and it is now a matter of "Ready, Set, Go!"