Respected Contributor

Sneak Peek - ART DECO Patterned Dress!

<h3 class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 40px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 2.4em; font-weight: normal; color: #444444; text-decoration: none; padding: 0px;"> “THE ART DECO PATTERNED DRESS”</h3>

byzantine6

………………………The ART DECO PATTERNED DRESS, A259946, will be presented on my October, 27th, 1:00pm show. I love anything “ART DECO”……. According to Wikipedia….”Art Deco first appeared in France after WWI, and began to flourish internationally in the 20s, 30s and 40s before its’ popularity waned after WWII.The style is often characterized by rich colors, bold geometrics, and lavish ornamentation. During its’ heyday Art Deco represented LUXURY and GLAMOUR.”……When I think of Art Deco I think of the top of the Chrysler Building in NYC….with it’s Arcs all LIT UP in the night sky…….I truly don’t believe we have ever achieved the beauty and glamour of that period …..in all areas of design….Architecture, Furniture and Furnishings, Cars, Jewelry and Clothing….an on going inspiration……….a time gone by, but never forgotten………………………..

…………..This dress is my ode to Art Deco. The swirling pattern with the pin dot background is very reminiscent of that period. The fabric is a knit, very similar to the flame stitch fabric. There are PIN DOTS of lurex that glisten when caught by light…..like the Chrysler Building. The fabric is 87% nylon/8%metallic/5%spandex. The back of the fabric is silky smooth and the skirt portion of the dress is lined. There is a back invisible zipper, but some of you may be able to put it on over the head without opening the zipper….if you choose. The cap of the sleeve has shirring for a very feminine almost 40s look. The bottom of the sleeve is finished with shirring and a loose elastic. The neckline has a jewel shape……The dress skims the body, and then flares out and drapes at the hem creating a beautiful MOVEMENT. The XS dress measures approx 43 1/2 inches long…..The dress is sized S,M,L…This dress should not be limited to the evening only, though it certainly can be worn on dressier occasions…I think it can be appropriate for the office, depending on your position and the type of company. It is appropriate for a luncheon or a special dinner out…any occasion when you just want to look extra special……Certainly, with the Holidays soon approaching…..this would be just the right thing to slip on and go…..I see this dress worn with my new BLACK SHEER TIGHTS and a beautiful pointed toe BLACK SUEDE PUMP…..or my……BLACK OPAQUE TIGHTS and a slender HIGH HEEL or MID HEEL BLACK SUEDE BOOT………If I were still making shoes, and price were no object, I would have made SWIRLED PIECES of Spruce Green Python with Black markings, done in an open work pattern, in a shoe boot design to emulate the pattern of the ART DECO DRESS……..I am offering one color in this dress…………and it is a combination of…….Black, Stone, Green and a cross between Mulberry and Fuchsia……………colors very typical of the Art Deco period…especially jewelry…I finish it off with a single strand of my 72 inch green pearls. I know this dress is certainly not for everyone, and that for me, is not a negative. It is for those of you who know and love the Art Deco style or for those of you who are simply attracted by the beauty of the pattern and the interesting fabric it was printed on……all in all….IMHO…..a winning combination………………………..enjoy……………..much Love…………………Louis

Honored Contributor

Re: Sneak Peek - ART DECO Patterned Dress!

Pretty colors but not sure I like the fabric.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

It's a gorgeous dress but the colors wouldn't flatter me I think. Too muted? Can't put my finger on why this doesn't speak to me, just doesn't. I may just need to see this on a real person to really appreciate the design.

Esteemed Contributor

This one's not for me but nice to see a dress option.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

On 10/13/2014 anniebethsmom said:

It's a gorgeous dress but the colors wouldn't flatter me I think. Too muted? Can't put my finger on why this doesn't speak to me, just doesn't. I may just need to see this on a real person to really appreciate the design.

I'm not feeling it either, and maybe once we see it on the models, we'll like it more. I do love the pearls with the dress.

Super Contributor

"The fabric is a knit, very similar to the flame stitch fabric. There are PIN DOTS of lurex that glisten when caught by light…..like the Chrysler Building."

Honored Contributor

I am mystically drawn to this dress. The colors and print fascinate me, and I think this dress will be one by Linea with a workable length for me.

Yes, Miss Non-print, Non-Lurex me really likes the dress. If I see it on brunette Maria and she carries it off well, I'm a goner.

Respected Contributor

On 10/13/2014 Goldie76 said:

I am mystically drawn to this dress. The colors and print fascinate me, and I think this dress will be one by Linea with a workable length for me.

Yes, Miss Non-print, Non-Lurex me really likes the dress. If I see it on brunette Maria and she carries it off well, I'm a goner.

I'm with you Goldie. There is something about this dress that reminds me of Armarni. From the photos it looks like a great fitting dress.

Respected Contributor

On 10/13/2014 JustJazzmom said:

Pretty colors but not sure I like the fabric.

Colors aren't for me---I was thinking he'd do a Black with Gold and Silver, too. But that's OK, money is saved for the next piece.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

Beautiful dress! I love Art Deco & the colors in the dress are nice. I'm not much of a pattern gal (or a lurex one!) either but I like this. I appreciate Louis describing how he thinks it should be worn...now I want the shoe boots he would have designed to go with!