Frequent Contributor

Re: Snaps not working on Basso coat

@Alice-QVC Thank you for the email, offering $15 for me to have the snaps replaced.  I honestly was thinking they would charge me closer to $100, but of course I am not sure until I go to a tailor.

I hate to do it, but may have to return the coat.... not just that I love the coat, but returning is just such a hassle   -- but then again, so is going to a tailor, who in my experience (which was in having buttons put on cardigans that came without buttons) will ask me to go out and buy the snaps first.

Frequent Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe That is interesting.  I hate zippers and was thrilled that this coat did not come with one.  I have an old jacket I got at Ross probably 10 year ago.  It has snaps and a zipper (which I never use).  Snaps still work perfectly.  I paid about $40 for it.

Esteemed Contributor

@janesilver wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe That is interesting.  I hate zippers and was thrilled that this coat did not come with one.  I have an old jacket I got at Ross probably 10 year ago.  It has snaps and a zipper (which I never use).  Snaps still work perfectly.  I paid about $40 for it.

I am not a fan of zippered coats either, prefer buttons, but they are good when it is really cold.  The newer styles of coats just don't come with buttons or other fasteners. 

Frequent Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe Buttons, what a novel idea!

Honored Contributor

@janesilver    As a sewer, I'd be very surprised if those snaps could be replaced.  They're going to leave a big hole and how do you cover it? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

@Kachina624 You are right, the problem can't be fixed.  My beloved coat is packed up and ready to go back to QVC Monday.  Thanks to Alice on this forum who worked it out with them to allow for a return after the 30 day warranty.

Frequent Contributor

Update:  So I returned the coat today, and am so sad I miss it already.

I also spent some time reading others' reviews of it, and I see that I am the only one who had a problem with the snaps.  Actually, others may have too, but they don't let you edit your reviews...

In fact, my initial review was from a year ago when I got a size that swam on me.

Did anyone else have the problem with the snaps breaking?  Maybe I just got a dud.

I am contemplating re-buying it.  The size I bought isn't available in the color (navy), but a size smaller is available.  That would probably fit me, because the one I got was really quite large.  In fact, it was replacing one that was even larger.  In other words, I have now had 2 of these coats.  One was a small, which I returned right away (a year ago).   The current one was extra small, and now I am contemplating extra extra small.

Any advice appreciated, although I am leaning toward not replacing it with the same model.  I can NOT be the only one in the entire world that got defective snaps... right?