Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

There are ways to fix snags on some garments. You have to know how. It's a matter of pulling the fibers back to their original position w/o breaking them. Once broken then a hole can develop. I knew a professional weaver who would fix snags and holes in expensive garments and you couldn't even see wear the repairs were done. 

@SilleeMee    I keep a variety of sizes of crochet hooks on hand for pulling snags back in place.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@nycalady   I own many pair of Graver liquid knit pants and have never had the problem you describe.  My first thought was since you mention it only happens in the back from the knee down, is there possibly something in your environment they may be catching on?  

Honored Contributor

I’ve had various knit fabrics catch on buckles and zippers on handbags, just brushing by a chair with a rough edge. Even a rough fingernail can snag a knit fabric.

If they all snag in the same place, check the edges of your chairs.

Honored Contributor

My wardrobe is mostly Susan Graver liquid knit.  I've never experienced snags on tops or pants.

Trusted Contributor

I use a snag puller that looks like a long needle that works really well especially when I get a snag on a sweater.

Esteemed Contributor

There was a poly/rayon/spandex top of Susan Graver's that I loved.  A508726.  I bought 4 colors.  When I wore one for the first time, I noticed a ton of snags around my belly area, just while sitting at my desk.  I returned all 4 as defective.  I hope I got a full refund - I need to check on that!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Yes, certain materials and knits are so easy to snag.  And you have to watch the jewelry you wear.  It's a pain.  Sometimes you can use a needle or pin to poke the pull or thread through to the other side and it doesn't show much.   I've also learned the hard way that if you are going to be around cats or dogs at friends' homes not to wear certain items of clothing.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@BJRich wrote:

Hi everyone...I'm wondering if I'm the only one who has a problem with any clothes that are poly/span or similar fabric snagging very easily? Thanks

@BJRich  @AngelPuppy1  @SoCal Bred  @Krimpette  @Puppy Lips 

OMG .....  there is a TOOL for snags .........

For less than $5 you can buy a Snag Nab-it at Joann Fabrics that reverses snags in just about everything.  Made by Dritz. 

(see youtube link below) 

It looks like a straight sewing needle, but one end is the sharp end, and the other end has a rough finish.  You push the needle through at the spot the snag originated, and as it goes through it will pull the snag down and come out on the inside of the garment.  It may take more than once, but it is a MIRACLE when you see how easy it is!  

It works on sweaters and all sorts of other items.  

Trust me, this is a VERY good thing to keep in your sewing box!  Woman LOL

How to use a Dritz Snag Nab-It - YouTube

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44

Yes, I've had my snag puller for years, I keep it in my purse it came with a little holding tube sure came in handy for snags in clothing while at work even let co-workers use it, it was so inexpensive, I believe I did purchase mine at Jo Ann's or Michael's.

Contributor

Thanks for this tip...will check it out...would it work on Susan Graver liquid knit?