Honored Contributor

I think it’s a stylist who dresses them and puts them in certain size clothing. There used to be a guy stylist can’t remember his name, but I think he said the tighter the clothing the better. For what reason I don’t know. They look awful.

Esteemed Contributor

@rvmom wrote:
I would love to know why the hosts and some models wear clothing to small for them. It looks ridiculous. They might say “oh I wear an extra small” when they can’t even get their sweater or jacket closed.

Probably because if they went up a size, say the sweater or jacket would probably close but it wouldn't fit in the shoulders- it would be baggy.  There are many complaints about the fit of clothing offered by QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@rvmom wrote:
I would love to know why the hosts and some models wear clothing to small for them. It looks ridiculous. They might say “oh I wear an extra small” when they can’t even get their sweater or jacket closed.

Probably because if they went up a size, say the sweater or jacket would probably close but it wouldn't fit in the shoulders- it would be baggy.  There are many complaints about the fit of clothing offered by QVC.

I have noticed this in the garments I purchase for myself.  jackets and cardigans that fit at the shoulders are too tight on waist and hips. I imagine the fit models have long thin torsos and no belly or rear/hips.  I wear mostly logo tops because I don't like tops or dresses to be tight (too revealing) at waist and hips.

That being said, I do like pants to be close to the body.  I wear one or two sizes too small than what is suggested to get a good fit.  Some pants just don't fit at all, one size too big, the next size too small.  Maybe this is a matter of taste.  Here in NYC everyone wears pants close to the body.

I do think some hosts wear clothes that are too big, some that are too small.  To each their own.

Respected Contributor

@rvmom wrote:

All of the hosts are involved with social media. Why not ask them?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

SK is a major offender with regard to this. She says "I'm wearing an extra small," when she should be wearing a medium.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Have any of these networks ever hired a plus size host?  

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Have any of these networks ever hired a plus size host?  

HSN hired Debbie Denmon. Carolyn and Antonella are considered plus-size by fashion industry standards.  There's Leah before she lost the weight as well as former host Patti Reilly.

Honored Contributor

I think most of the models wear the appropriate size, some are just too tall for the clothes, like Katia or too busty like Samantha and Meredith the petite models. I always check the garment measurements online before I buy any clothes from the Q and I still have to return some. I am usually a size small or an 8 or a 10 in the fashions the Q sells. I'm the same size at retail, depending on the line. Whatever their problem is they need to fix it so we can stop complaining about it.

Respected Contributor

@rvmom 

YES MA'AM - my thoughts EXACTLY!

Looks silly and doesn't make me run to buy it.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

BORDERS?