Highlighted
Contributor
I would love to know why the hosts and some models wear clothing to small for them. It looks ridiculous. They might say “oh I wear an extra small” when they can’t even get their sweater or jacket closed.
Honored Contributor

@rvmom wrote:
I would love to know why the hosts and some models wear clothing to small for them. It looks ridiculous. They might say “oh I wear an extra small” when they can’t even get their sweater or jacket closed.

This is a pet peeve of mine also.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

And when they wear the too small garment, they are constantly having to pull it closed and fidget with it.  That would really make me crazy to have to be fidgeting with my clothing.  I had to get rid of several pieces that no longer fit me well.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@rvmom wrote:

We all wonder about that and it's not just QVC, all the shopping channels do.  Often to the detriment of the item that they are trying to sell.  It's stupid to have a model or host proudly say  "I'm wearing a size S or XL" and she couldn't button the thing if someone paid her $1000.  LOL  

Honored Contributor

@rvmom wrote:

@rvmom 

We've been talking about that for years.  

I'm assuming that their "normal QVC size" is the smallest size that they can squeeze their body into.

Honored Contributor

So many of the models look like stuffed sausages.  HSN is even worse.  The appearance of many of their models borders on the obscene.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

Thank you for saying what I have noticed for quite a long time.  It seems like so many of the hosts sound like they are kind of bragging about their size.

I would like to remind them that IMO, QVC clothing tends to run generous, and wearing an XXS or XS is not that tiny.  I can honestly say this because I have a few pounds to lose and I fit in these sizes.

If QVC wants to be an all inclusive retailer, then do not make it seem shameful to wear a larger size.  Anyway, the clothes are less appealing when shown on the host in a size too small.

Honored Contributor

I'm only guessing that the models' agency hired them as XXS models, and QVC ordered XXS samples.

If a slim-slim model's outfits are 'tight' on them, then I order up a size or two.  

Same with the larger sizes........If items are tight on models, customers probably should order up a size.

Keep in mind that some folks like very tight-looking pants.  Not worn with longer tops/tunics.  I see it all around here in real life. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@rvmom  That was so funny!!!!  LOL  I think the same thing all the time......I  especially though cannot stand a certain blonde host who has to state constantly "I wear  an xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSMALL.  Good for you, blah!!!!   

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

So many of the models look like stuffed sausages.  HSN is even worse.  The appearance of many of their models borders on the obscene.

There are a couple of hoste that wear clothes so tight, they pull over their gut, why ? Size up for goodness sakes, there is no shame in being an xl if that is what you are .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan