Contributor

I RARELY order from qvc anymore for many reasons, but on occasion I do if it's unique or a good buy.  That said, I'm still bothered by the extremely slow shipping.  Other companies don't seem to have this problem an they ship FOR FREE.  I have NO doubt this as cost Qvc numerous customers.  I know I'm beating a dead horse, but it's ridiculous.

Esteemed Contributor

That's why you can't  cancel an order even when it's  listed as " in process " for  several days to a week .

Honored Contributor

I ordered something for the first time in a few months.  It still hasn't shipped after 10 days.  It has gone from preparing order to in process to backorder then back to preparing order.  Good thing it's nothing I needed right away but this has turned me off from ordering anything from QVC for sure.

Saturday Dh and I went to Famous Footwear and they didn't have his size in a pair of shoes so the SA ordered them for shipment to our house. They were delivered on Monday morning.  For free!   

Esteemed Contributor

And I've ordered 4 things from Amazon the past week and all came the next day or the day after that. Something I ordered Tuesday is already "out for delivery". There is a humongous Amazon warehouse in my small town so that might be playing a role in the fast deliveries. 

Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva I can empathize with you. I have two orders that have been "in process" for eight days. I would definitely cancel both orders, if I could. My order is for summer clothing. It looks like Fall may arrive before my clothing! Unacceptable. 

Esteemed Contributor

My orders are arriving very quickly.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Valued Contributor

@SXMGirl I placed an order for an electric frying pan and shipment was very fast; however, every clothing item I have recently ordered from QVC has stayed "in process" for close to a week or longer. Clothing shipment seems to be a bigger problem than other items being shipped.

Trusted Contributor

So agree.  There for a while, shipping everywhere improved, but not any more. I actually ordered a few items on QVC, Amazon, and Staples over the weekend, hoping everything would arrive before I went to the hospital on Monday (August 16).  All promised shipping dates were supposed to be this week.  Nope, Staples lost my package and then delivered and charged me for two of the same item yesterday. Amazon has had all but one of three packages delayed several days now, and QVC has changed the delivery date, still doing the "preparing your order" notification, that may arrive by Saturday. (I will be pleasantly surprised if it comes.)  Even Etsy, usually fast for me) has not even shipped something that was promised for last Monday. I will alert neighbors to take my packages inside until I come home. At this rate, I should have sent Christmas gifts last month. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, it's slow shipping. I see now that they are trying to combine items, waiting for the second item to be available before shipping. It saves them money I guess.

I bought a pair of Sketchers max cushion sneakers from Amazon 10 days ago. They were sent from Florida, via FedEx smart post. I never got them. The data stopped tracking two days ago in Massachusetts. Basically Amazon said to wait 48 more hours. My husband ordered a pair from Zappos got them the next morning. So even Amazon is slow! Very frustrating - Especially when you cannot track them.

Contributor

If they are waiting to combine orders, then they should adjust the shipping fees, but they don't.  That's shady in my opinion