I cancel the item if it takes too long to ship

Honored Contributor

Re: Slow processing of orders

There ya' go !

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

I cancel the item if it takes too long to ship

@MalteseMomma  But I have problems as described above that after it is actually sent, it takes a long time to arrive because it's passed from one shipper to another which makes for more sorting, etc.  A lot of wasted time IMO with this "Shipping Partnership"  but I guess it allows them to do the $3 shipping.  That plus having raised prices on so many items.

Super Contributor

I am experiencing the same problem.  Some things shipped the next day and others like my Breezies bras have been "processing" for 3 days now.   I also wish that they would just ship UPS so we can track the item.   I had a USPS item that kept saying there was no information available and then it is in the mailbox.   It is amazing that we get the packages we do, some of my UPS items look like they drove over the package before delivering it. 

Honored Contributor

The supervisor of that dept. needs to be replaced. Not controlling it in a timely fashion. Need to step up handling of  orders, hire more people, whip it into shape.

Shouldn't take a week to process a jacket. I know they have thousands of orders to take care of, but, they need to beef up the work force. Must be a lot of people quitting, messing around on the job, hard to keep help, etc.

Honored Contributor

Prayers have been answered or somebody got off of coffee break. My jacket will be shipped Mon.

Esteemed Contributor

I have orders from three and four days ago that are still "in process." Seems to me if they can't ship out by the next day, they should ship that order "expedited" so it doesn't take 11 days to get something. They could learn something from Amazon. Or Gap who offers free shipping with a seven day delivery and their stuff rarely takes seven days. No one will ever convince me that Shipping is not a huge profit center for the Q.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

I don't have a problem with my items getting to me once they leave QVC. Most of my items go from UPS to USPS and that only adds 1 day to my shipping time.  My issue has been how long the items are in process with QVC before they actually are shipped.

On another note, I had to send back 1 item that I bought during QVC fashion days because it was defective.  I sent back 2 items to HSN that I ordered during their fashion clearance.  I dropped all 3 items in the USPS box on Saturday.  My HSN items are already shown as returned and my account credited.  We'll see how long it takes for QVC to acknowledge my return and credit my account.    

Honored Contributor

I don't understand why things sit in process so long.  It's not unusual for something to sit in process for 3 or 4 days at QVC. 

My daughter ordered a bunch of things from Hollister, Nike, Victoria's Secret - everything shipped out that day or the next day.

It can't be the volume that QVC does either, Because there are other retailers who ship out quickly who do the same volume.

I do get my items quickly once they finally ship. 

Respected Contributor

I've cancelled orders in the past if it takes too long in processing.  If it goes over 4 days, well, I may just decide that I don't need it after all.  I recently did that with a pair of shoes and considering the reviews have been less than stellar, it saved me $ and my time.

Now that Liberty has bought zulilly -- a company with a ridiculously slow shipping time -- something like 14 days - it will probably get even worse.