Trusted Contributor

Has anyone bought the Slinky TS top on HSN today. I really like the look but I haven't bought anything from HSN in years because I wasn't satisfied with the quality.

I would love to hear opinions on this TS.

TIA

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

Re: Slinky TS Top on HSN

[ Edited ]

To me the all-over ruffle design makes you look like you've gained weight. It's just the way it's made. It's not for me.

I do own some Slinky tops and I think the quality is very good. The fabric is cool against your skin and very comfortable.

Respected Contributor

I can't speak to the quality, but I think it's a cute top.  I'm not a big buyer, but I have purchased from HSN, and haven't had a problem with the quality of what I've bought.  That said, I have no experience with this brand.

Honored Contributor

Slinky had a top very similar to this a few years ago.  I bought a black one and a white one on clearance for less than $10.  The white one always looked dingy so I gave it away, I liked the black one but while I was wearing it, a string was hanging.  I should have known better but pulled it and an entire row of ruffles was left hanging.

I do not think it is worth the asking price.  A Slinky top I purchased in August for full price was half price today.  I received a price adjustment.  I'd wait for the clearance price on the TS.

Honored Contributor

I love Slinky but this is a top that has been around several years.  I have 3 of them, one is short sleeve and 2 others are similar to the TSV (nothing special about this special).  I too bought them on sale at a price much lower than today's.  I like them, they fit well and wash well but if I wanted another one I would put it in my "favorites" list and wait for a price reduction.

Frequent Contributor

I have two of these types of Slinky tops.  One is a actually like a little jacket.  It's black and has the ruffles only on the front of the jacket and the jacket buttons up the front in to a v-shape.  I wear it all the time usually open with a colored tank top underneath. I have washed and dried it 100 times with no problems!  It has never stretched out or faded.  I also have a tank top that is white and the entire tank top is made of the ruffles.  I haven't worn this one as much (I gained some weight and it's too tight now) but again didn't have any problems washing and drying.  I have several other Slinky brand pieces in my wardrobe and have had no problems with them, some of them for years.  I say go for it!

Honored Contributor

As @lulu2 said, this is a very old style.  I was rather surprised to see it as a TS.  I too bought this in a rust color and a deep plumb color years ago.  I bet I donated them at least 2-3 years ago and I had them for a couple of years prior to that.  I also purchased mine on a deep clearance for around the $10.00 price point.

The tops were comfortable and I never had an issue with them. They washed and wore very well for me.  I did not think they added weight or bulk and I don't think they make anyone look heavier who I've seen in it today either. 

Respected Contributor

I ordered Slinky tops before and pants and I won't order them again.  A kleenex is stronger then the material they use.  Their material is see thru and paper thin!!  Horrible in my opinion.  There's no substance to their clothes at all.  

Honored Contributor

I love Slinky tops and dresses, NONE of them are see through and the fabric is wonderful because it's breathable and not clingy. I have several of their 2 pack tops that come in various colors and prints, they don't wrinkle and travel well.  They look nice under blazers and cardigans. I wore a lace Slinky dress to my son's MBA graduation this past May and it held up very well in the heat of the day.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Trusted Contributor

Thanks to everyone who replied. I decided to pass and shop locally so I'll be sure of what I'm getting.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.