Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

I think it's important to note that even though it's all synthetic it's breathable. I had on a 3/4 sleeve mock neck tunic and was running around all day in the dead of summer in Miami and was surprisingly cool and comfortable! I can't speak to cold weather

I think the Slinky fabric is good in cold weather as well. You just have to put on an under-layer like a Skinnytee or something similar. This will give you a layer to keep the coolness of the fabric from touching your body in cold climates.

Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@tiny 2 wrote:

@willdob3, This is the additional info from the set offered today. If you scroll down and click on Overview and Details this is what I copied. This was offered in addition to the posted garment measurements offered for this particular set under the size ,content , and care section.

@tiny 2

Yes, I know. What I am saying is that this information does not agree with the actual garment measurements for today's TS. 

@willdob3

@tiny 2

A while back, when I was ordering a foolish amount of clothes from TV home shopping channels and having such a difficult time with sizing issues (and wrongly blaming myself), I called HSN to ask what this statement from their Details section meant:    "Measures 2" - 3" larger than the fit-critical body measurement."  Of course, the order-taker had no idea (not that I expected her to).  But, I would dearly love to know what "the fit-critical body measurement" is/means.   Any ideas or speculations?

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

I think it's important to note that even though it's all synthetic it's breathable. I had on a 3/4 sleeve mock neck tunic and was running around all day in the dead of summer in Miami and was surprisingly cool and comfortable! I can't speak to cold weather

I think the Slinky fabric is good in cold weather as well. You just have to put on an under-layer like a Skinnytee or something similar. This will give you a layer to keep the coolness of the fabric from touching your body in cold climates.

Yes, I'm in MA and my friend who wears only Slinky and nothing else all year long  she does layer with tanks, camis and Skinny Tees in frigid weather if she's going to spend time outside.  She likes the coolness of Slinky fabrics because she's 50ish and since meno struck, she gets very hot and she says her skin is "sensitive".  I bought her 1 of the Slinky Tsv's and then I checked out clearance and bought her a 2-pack of pants and a 2-pack of 3/4 sleeve tees.  Clearance prices were great.  

Super Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@tiny 2 wrote:

@willdob3, This is the additional info from the set offered today. If you scroll down and click on Overview and Details this is what I copied. This was offered in addition to the posted garment measurements offered for this particular set under the size ,content , and care section.

@tiny 2

Yes, I know. What I am saying is that this information does not agree with the actual garment measurements for today's TS. 

@willdob3

@tiny 2

A while back, when I was ordering a foolish amount of clothes from TV home shopping channels and having such a difficult time with sizing issues (and wrongly blaming myself), I called HSN to ask what this statement from their Details section meant:    "Measures 2" - 3" larger than the fit-critical body measurement."  Of course, the order-taker had no idea (not that I expected her to).  But, I would dearly love to know what "the fit-critical body measurement" is/means.   Any ideas or speculations?

@MacDUFF - I've always thought that the "fit-critical body measurements" referred to the  bust, waist, and hips. I don't think I actually read that anywhere,  it's just my own assumption. 

Esteemed Contributor

@DeniseColo wrote:

@MacDUFF wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@tiny 2 wrote:

@tiny 2

@willdob3

@tiny 2

@MacDUFF - I've always thought that the "fit-critical body measurements" referred to the  bust, waist, and hips. I don't think I actually read that anywhere,  it's just my own assumption. 

Hi @DeniseColo...apologies for taking so long to get back to you.  I've been scrambling lately lol.   I hear ya...I, too, would think that, but, then, what are the garment measurements?  I though they were the actual bust, waist, and hip measurements of the garment!  Then they post that statement, which seems to...IDK if contradicts is the right word, but it is certainly confusing.   As if they're saying, "The garment measurements are X bust, Y waist, Z hip, but don't forget that there's this thing we call fit critical body measurements that are 2 or 3 inches larger."   In my worst (i.e., cynical) moments, I'm convinced they purposely try to confuse the already confusing fashion world sizing fiasco...they could be in cahoots with the UPS and FedEx people!!!    (Where did I put my tin-foil hat? Smiley Wink )

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~