Honored Contributor

Anyone who can sit through more than 2 minutes of that woman shrieking deserves made in America and every other perk.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I so agree that the owner (can't remember her name) is just plain annoying and unnerving with that voice! That said - I've always like Slinky tops - very comfy.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Slinky Brand

[ Edited ]

Her line is mostly 100% polyester and awful prints. I don't wear anything polyester, including elastic waist pull-on pants (great for those with plus size hips), shorts, or tops.  The TSV shorts were really unflattering and a LOL!

Valued Contributor

As my first, and only purchase of Slinky, I bought 2 sets of a two pack of the sharkbite scoop neck tanks when they were on clearance. I believe she still offers them but well into the 40-50 dollar range. I would not pay that much for the flimsy nylon feeling material, they are not worth $25ea if sold separately.  They make me sweat (like liquid knit does). I do wear them however in the spring and fall but too hot in the dog days of summer

Super Contributor

I bought a Slinky top last year at Rugged Wearhouse which is a discount store.  I didn't realize it was "Slinky" until I got home.  It is a zebra print and I love it. 

Contributor

Slinky fabric was originally acetate and spandex - so was cityknits.  I have a black slinky tank (probably 15 years+) of that material - still looks great - acetate does not lose its color.  Tried a slinky tsv set of top & slim pants -in navy & white - all poly & spandex. Like the pants - but tops could be maternity clothing.  Pants were made in USA - tops not. Instead of so much poly, wonder what happened to nylon knits. Slinky material OK but I would not buy more - kind of shiny. Looked at her shorts but not for me.

I like to get DG2 tops on sale - she does a lot of cotton, cotton blend & rayon blend. Still like the acetate blend & check Chicos for that.  I wish that more clothing was made here in the states so we could be supportive. Maybe that will happen.

If you get slinky items, hope you will enjoy them.