Valued Contributor

Slinky Brand - HSN Today Special

Is anyone familiar wth Slinky?  Pretty colors.  Any opinions?  Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: Slinky Brand - HSN Today Special

Unless you are a size 1 Slinky looks bad on people.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

I had a few Slinky pieces several years ago but I was thinner then.

I would compare it to Citiknits sold at the Q several years ago.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

i own several slinky brand tunic tops and i love them. 

Honored Contributor

I have several Slinky items, pants and tops.  Happy with all, wash well, travel well.  Not a fan of "skinny" pants and I must have pockets so this is an easy pass.

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

I have several Slinky items, pants and tops.  Happy with all, wash well, travel well.  Not a fan of "skinny" pants and I must have pockets so this is an easy pass.

I watch the presentations and check out clearance items , but so far have never purchased. I think some are pretty . I am with you @kaydee50  about pockets and I notice they are rare in this brand. I did notice the other day french terry pants by this brand that had pockets.

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen the TS.  If the fabric is the original Slinky fabric that is like the old Citiknits fabric, I don't like it at all.

Slinky has branched out and added other fabrics that I like better but I don't think at this time I have any Slinky in my closet.  Just not a huge fan.

Respected Contributor

I purchased some tops from Slinky. They didn't work for me.  The smaller size shows lumps and bumps, but the bigger size is way too big.  The only things from Slinky that worked for me are cardigans and dresses.

Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

I purchased some tops from Slinky. They didn't work for me.  The smaller size shows lumps and bumps, but the bigger size is way too big.  The only things from Slinky that worked for me are cardigans and dresses.

I tried a top from them once and my hipbones were jutting out from underneath. Never even knew a piece of clothing could emphasize that..

Esteemed Contributor

Good price but I don’t do sleeveless or loud florals or prints.  Easy pass.  I do have a Slinky duster I love.  Sizing is inconsistent.  I loved Cityknits better and still have some I can’t part with lol.