Honored Contributor

Re: Sleeveless dresses on TV news anchors - your opinion?

In the winter, they look ridiculous. If there is a lot of snow on the ground, and freezing temps…even more ridiculous.

If you have great arms and work out to keep them looking great…GOOD for you! My sisters have great arms--naturally. BUT…wear sleeveless in the warmer months. I have slender arms, but I don't think I have great arms. (they are looking better due to lifting light weights, lol). I rarely go sleeveless--and not in the winter.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

This thread made me actually look at what the local news gal was wearing last night. It had long sleeves. And a high neckline, too. This is Florida & yesterday was a warm day... lol

Trusted Contributor

I was never a fan of sleeveless clothes anyway so I do not usually wear them. I have a couple of sleeveless dresses for the summer and I always wear a little shrug with them. When I see the anchor people and weather girls in the sleeveless dresses, it makes me feel cold especially on a really snowy day. I just don't get it but it seems it is each to his own these days. So as long as I am not cold, go for it, but it still doesn't look appropriate for the time.

Miata 1

Esteemed Contributor

It actually doesn't bother me I use to work on a studio set years ago and found it freezing cold but I was younger then but I also remembered that with all the studio lights that they have to sit in front of it can get warm as well.

Super Contributor

It does not bother me.

I think a lot of the women who love sleeveless figure they diet and exercise and like showing off their well toned arms. When they say no to desserts, it was worth it because they can wear clothing that a good portion of the population would look horrible in.

Jackie Kennedy was known for wearing sleeveless and for myself she was the epitome of an elegant woman.

Super Contributor

It doesn't bother me.

At least they're not doing the news in their pajamas.

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Honored Contributor

On 2/21/2014 serenity4ever said:

It does not bother me.

I think a lot of the women who love sleeveless figure they diet and exercise and like showing off their well toned arms. When they say no to desserts, it was worth it because they can wear clothing that a good portion of the population would look horrible in.

Jackie Kennedy was known for wearing sleeveless and for myself she was the epitome of an elegant woman.

She was a lovely elegant woman and knew when to wear sleeveless and when not. She also never tried to have the physique of a man.

Honored Contributor

On 2/18/2014 millieshops said:

Just out of curiosity - if the majority of women on the air sometimes/often wear the sleeveless dress, doesn't that make sleeveless into an accepted professional look for that career?

Accepted or the norm? There is a difference in people having to accept what is shove in their faces versus what is right and proper. If your plumber shows up with his crack showing, that might have to be the acceptable dress but for me it is not right and proper.

Super Contributor

On 2/21/2014 namealreadytaken said:

It does not bother me.

She was a lovely elegant woman and knew when to wear sleeveless and when not. She also never tried to have the physique of a man.

Jackie had a sleeveless dress on for the inauguration of her husband. I am unfamiliar with any woman who is trying to look like a man by wearing a sleeveless dress...
Honored Contributor

On 2/21/2014 namealreadytaken said:

It does not bother me.

???