Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@ALRATIBA 

I have a couple of sleeveless rayon/span tnecks from Antthony that were very reasonably priced but unfortunately they're not doing them any more. I bought them a few years ago and wear them pretty frequently.

I think it's an essential that they should always carry!

@Andreatoo 

I got some Antthony tank tops a few summers ago at a lttle shop that sells remainders from stores, shopping channels, etc.  I was rather pleasantly surprised at the quality of his clothes.  Perfect for layering under sheer or "thinnish" tops.  I prefer the acetates/span to liqud knit.  JCP also had a line of acetate/span pieces a few years back. 

The QVC original Citiknits also had some good turtlenecks.  I'm still wearing some them after all these years - but they are on their last legs.  This may be their final summer.   

Another good brand is the LandsEnd Thermaskin for winter layering.  Nice snug fit.  Just not good for warmer weather.

If Hanes Sport Cool-Dri would do turtlenecks would be great.  Their tees and tanks are pretty good .... and very reasonably priced.

My favorites were the Chico's Travellers turtlenecks.  So snug that they had a zipper in the back.  Nothing worse than a droopy t-neck!  Many of my "droopier" ones - I fixed with iron-on interfacing to stiffen them.  

There are some things I'm really obsessive about  .... t-necks is one of them!

Honored Contributor

Re: Sleeveless Turtlenecks

[ Edited ]

The shirts arrived today and very happy with them.  I got two white, one black and one yellow.

The fabric is 100% poly and a bit more substantial than SG's liquid knit ... closer to the weight of the SG Butterknit.  Perfect for layering and  enough body so the turtleneck collar isn't floppy.  

The collar is faced and there is a back neck zipper ... nice snug fit which I prefer,  and armholes are bound.

I just gave them a quick wash (separately) in the bathroom sink.  Black ran a bit but blacks (and blues) generally do that first couple of washes (care label says to wash with like colors).

Blair had free shipping and there's no tax on clothes in NYC ... so it was less than $60 for four tops.  Not bad ...