Honored Contributor

@nikkimom wrote:

Not a fan of just wearing sleeveless on anyone( few look great in them) ...armpits are NOT attractive!

@nikkimom 

wow! all those women walking around with their arms extended above their heads just flaunting those pits...

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@nikkimom wrote:

Not a fan of just wearing sleeveless on anyone( few look great in them) ...armpits are NOT attractive!

@nikkimom 

wow! all those women walking around with their arms extended above their heads just flaunting those pits...

Just stated my bold opinion as you did."I think all short sleeves and elbow sleeves should be taken off the market entirely "  I see far too many pits- parts of pits than I care to see- men and women  .Ladies fixing their hair, taking off sun glasses or puting them on their heads , fixing their baseball cap, putting on lip gloss etc.

Respected Contributor

I love long sleeves and bell sleeves, also ruffled.  I have never dunked them in food.

Respected Contributor

Got a email from Q for the upcoming Isaac TSV.....Peplum top again!! LOL  

I like the different sleeve trends...makes tops interesting...I only own a few different ones...like most but not all look good on me...nor are they practical.

Honored Contributor

I prefer a basic sleeve without all the ruffles, bells, chiffon, etc. I am still seeing lots of sleeve details in stores and online, but I am not seeing many cold shoulder tops this year. I can still find tops I like; just have to look a little longer and harder to find them. 

Respected Contributor

How can someone not like sleeveless at all? That seems very extreme to say few people look good in them. I think lots of people look good in them. I guess I'm not fixated on armpits.

I'm not a fan of those huge bell sleeves. They get in the way.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Occasional Contributor

Preface--I am not really a rabid, opinionated fashionista, just medium opinionated and completely non-influential. 

I do not like any of the goofy sleeves so prevalent now. Elbow sleeves look as if you are wearing a mens' shirt; I almost always fold up regular "short" sleeves  to make them shorter. Don't care for "cold shoulder", bell, ruffled, or any other alternative to regular sleeves. 

While I'm at it--I really hate high/low, handkerchief, trapeze and any other trendy hem alterations. I prefer longer (tunic-length) tops that cover crotch/derriere when wearing leggings or slim-leg pants. 

Necklines--I really LOVE boat-neck, but these are pretty rare except for Susan Graver. D&C has one every now & then but aren't really boat neck in my opinion. I do not like V-neck or crew neck but will wear them occasionally if I like the color.  

One last comment--why on earth spend 20 minutes at a time on a TSV? I mean really, how much can you say about a sweat shirt? Does this really increase sales? This is boring and I tune out. 

Next post might be more positive;. I spend plenty of $$ at QVC, so please don't hate on me too much. 

Frequent Contributor

I like some of the bell sleeves, others not so much.  I have a question for some of you.  Where do you buy most of your tops/blouses?  I have been on Shop HQ quite a bit, and it's about 60/40 luck.  I do like most of their prices.  I also buy from QVC, mostly my fav vendors like Kim and GILI and a few others. I also go on Amazon but not impressed with their tops. I have so so luck at small boutiques, but they tend to be expensive.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Josetta

Honored Contributor

My preference is long sleeves.   I'll wear short sleeves and sleeveless.  

Absolutely cannot stand 3/4 sleeves.   

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I like elbow sleeves and long sleeves.

Nothing in-between.

But, 3/4 sleeves look very nice on others.  Just not me.

@ROMARY FYI, Talbots Retail and on line has a scoop neck elbow length tee in 6? colors.  Cotton.