Trusted Contributor

I hear the vendors who sell bras all say they sleep with their bra on. I don't. Am I missing something?

Honored Contributor

When I had breasts, I never did either. Not sure if my mom did--she had humongus ones. I had small "girls" and then after cancer--no "girls".   Maybe because of needed support for larger chests? Now that I think about it--I did wear a bra at night as I was nursing my daughter, but that's the only time.

Respected Contributor

Re: Sleeping with a bra

[ Edited ]

@evelyner   I never wore one to bed either.  I read that it doesn't make a difference in keeping your chest "lifted" longer if that's their goal.  I think they're just trying to create the need for a bra for every possible occasion hoping to make more $$$.

Honored Contributor

I never did.  You have to remember that theses people are selling a product so they'll say whatever it takes.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Sleeping with a bra

[ Edited ]

Yes @evelyner , I have been known to wear a bra to bed at times. We get overnight guests, usually my kids and spouses. I like to wear a bra to bed since I dress for bed before actually going to bed. When company is over it makes me feel more comfortable while visiting before bed and preparing breakfast in the morning.

I suppose it could be considered a selling tactic but I have 2 women in my family that wear bra's to bed every night. 

If you are referring to the TSV they do look like comfortable bra's that would work to wear at night if a person wanted. I like them but I will wait for reviews before purchasing.  

Honored Contributor

I've always slept with a bra on. That helps prevent the ligaments from stretching, especially for those who have larger breasts.

Honored Contributor

It just depends....sometimes I have done it but most of the time I don't.  I have what I call my around the house bras.  They are not as supportive but better than nothing since I'm not comfortable going around braless with D cup size.

Respected Contributor

NEVER!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's a matter of what you are comfortable with.  I never wore one to bed and still don't for the most part, as a matter of fact I can barely wear one during the day.  Since my breast surgery though I do wear a  snug cami (not tight) to bed for my own comfort on that side.   I don't know regarding wearing one to sleep if it helps to keep them up where they belong??  Again I think it's just your own comfort level......

Respected Contributor

Sleep with a bra???? LOLOLOL!!! My bra and prosthetic come off as I'm opening my front door. The only time I put it back on is when I'm going out in public. If I'm at home, outside on my porch, working the garden etc, it's au natural for me. My comfort is paramount. After dealing with cancer, surgery, treatments etc, I don't care about someone's delicate sensibilities in my own home.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown