Honored Contributor

I've heard some say that they would wear them out to dinner.  I could see that-IF I had reservations.  I don't think I'd want to stand in Olive Garden if yours is like ours.  Horrible if I meet a girlfriend.

Trusted Contributor

I have noticed, especially on the QVC models, that when they're modeling high heels there is a big gap in the back of the shoes.  That's because when the heels are so high, the foot is pushed to the front causing that gap in the back of the shoe.....and oh I can imagine how their toes must hurt.  You can tell they can't walk that well in them and they probably can't wait to take them off.  

My my aunt wore very high heels when she was younger and as she got older developed bad back and hip problems.  The doctor told her that those high heels put your body out of alignment because of the pressure they create.  She ultimately couldn't walk and had to have hip replacement surgery.  She hasn't been the same since.  

Honored Contributor

Most don't have any occasion to wear them much as life is more casual but if I have a wedding or special occasion to go to I sure do like a great pair of "sky high" shoes.  With platforms, they do not feel as high as they look. 

Esteemed Contributor

The woman across the street fell in her driveway wearing a pair. She broke her ankle in 2 places...

I wore platforms in the 70's, but I would't even go over a 1" heel now.

Honored Contributor

Back in my younger days I wore the crazy platforms all the time.  And later I wore high heels with the really spindly heels.  They looked crazy good and I even danced in them all night long.  

Of course, the height of my heels were nothing compared to what people are wearing these days!

And now, I can't even wear any heels at all and am forced to wearing sneakers.  It's terrible!!!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I have never been terribly graceful in heels.

I have always gone for comfort, moreso now than ever.  It's easier now to find comfort shoes that don't look like comfort shoes.  Plus, I always lean toward "funky,"

Esteemed Contributor

Wearing those super high heels shows a serious lack of common sense to me.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor
My normal height in a heel was 3", wore them from morning until night for many years and loved them. Wish I could still wear them. These days it's flats for me, due to back and knee issues. Related?? Could be.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

it takes practice, practice, ptactice to wear the high shoes.  i still wear them, but rarely, only on special occasions.  they are fazing them out.

Frequent Contributor

Well as I am cleaning out my closet, that is interesting.  When I could barely walk I only bought lower heel, but then I got better and bought a few knew heel.  But my window for wearing them( and my lifestyle) made them dinner or vacation dinner shoes.  So i am not buying them again.  My hubby loved a pair I tried for fun a TJ Maxx.  But I did walknaway from them as I like my dinner shoes just a bit lower again.  I do like kitten 2 - 21/2 like that.  They are easy to walk in nd you can use your dresses and wear them more causually but with a nice cute shoe.  Sometimes I do this. In fct I love that once the cold weather ends we can all look pretty again, and not so bundled up.  Sick of boots.   Ugh salty dogs!  Well here is to sping ladies and how it frees us to be comfy or lovely as we feel in that moment!!  Best wishes for all your wardobes!!