Esteemed Contributor

Skirt with faux leather on one side only???

Right now, there's a SG skirt on the air that's faux leather on one side and Ponte on the back side. Does anybody else find this to incredibly strange? It looks like someone didn't have enough money to make it all leather!! LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Skirt with faux leather on one side only???

Lol, I find most of the new items to be strange these days. They (not just SG) seem to be floundering trying to come up with something new and innovative, and they are falling far short. Bringing out things I would not wear on a bet.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Sweaters have been made that way for years - I'd have to see the skirt in person though before I'd try it.  I don't even know why when they're dealing with faux leather, they'd want that mix.

There are just way too many strange combos everywhere to persuade me to buy new.  I'll look every bit as good in what's already in my closet!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, it looks strange and cheap.  I also agree 'they' are stabbing at attempts to manufacture products that sell for $$$$ in high-end stores but (make) affordable for Q customers.  They aren't hitting the mark in my opinion.  Cheap just looks cheap.

Honored Contributor

They're making pants, and even boots, that way now.    I would think the boots would leak if you were walking in deep snow.............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I've seen real leather skirts, dresses, and pants with the same ponte knit backing. Not my cup of tea as it were. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've seen this with jackets, skirts, and pants. Part of it may be cost cutting but another reason is that there isn't a lot of movement or stretch in just faux leather material and that makes a difference in fit with skirts and pants, especially sitting down. Shiny fabric also isn't flattering on the backside for most women.

Respected Contributor

this look has been around for about 3 years now.  it's probably less expensive, but also more comfortable when wearing the faux leather also.