Honored Contributor

Re: Skirt Overlay Crop Pants

Looks like an apron.

Esteemed Contributor

@jpie wrote:

This look takes me back to early elementary school when we were not allowed to wear slacks.  

When it was cold, or it had snowed, we would wear slacks under our skirt or dress when walking to and from school. Then, take them off and stuff them in our cubby hole before class started.

No, to this fashion trend!

@jpie 

T'was the same for me. Then in high school God forbid you wore a V neck sweater without a blouse or dickie under it. Our gym teacher would be out in the hallway the minute the bell rang to pass class keeping an eye out for violators! If she nabbed you off to the office she would haul you. You either had to go home and change or have your mother bring you something to wear. She was brutal. 

Esteemed Contributor

This is beyond stupid!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

When I saw the title of the thread I expected to see an item similar to this

1950s Hostess Gown Pant Set- I Love Lucy Dress

or this

Buy hostess robes cheap online

Honestly I could get behind these ^^^^^  The outfit that was actually posted...not so much

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL no just no Smiley LOL looks like I was having a bad morning deciding what to wear and forgot to take off the first outfit and walked out with both on.  

Honored Contributor

Just plain----NO!!!!! One or the other but not both!!!! Not a fan of short pants anyway especially with heels---think leggings paired with things is ok but for casual----good grief!!!!

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

how to dress up the pants with the skirt....simple, remove the pants.  

@phoenixbrd 

I agree, but, I noticed there's a huge opening in the skirt so wearing just the skirt would be quite revealing. 😳

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

No Thanks ! I'll just wear the skirt to the office  .  I'll just roll up the  pants and keep it in my purse till I need to go out after work .

@skatting44 

Agree, but there's a big opening in the skirt so wearing it alone would be revealing too much.

Esteemed Contributor

@ Bird mama  Yes, I remember seeing this style worn in  an old movie  years ago.  Gues, this style was given a try . To me  , all these layers are to much and  would make me sweat.

Honored Contributor

@wilma  Smiley Surprised  good catch!  Guess that would lead to an interesting evening!

@wilma wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

how to dress up the pants with the skirt....simple, remove the pants.  

@phoenixbrd 

I agree, but, I noticed there's a huge opening in the skirt so wearing just the skirt would be quite revealing. 😳