Respected Contributor

Has anyone worn these over jeans? I'm thinking they would not look good due to the bulkier waistband. I only wear tanks as layering pieces and am also wondering if they are warm to wear. Any feedback is appreciated.

Respected Contributor

I don't own them. thought about purchasing different times, but after seeing this presentation on Amy and the vendor keeps pulling hers down, and then the model's shirt is sticking to the skinny tee, I'm passing.

Respected Contributor

Returned-Didn't like them

Respected Contributor
I'm thinking the same. They seem so clingy, and if you try rouching it a bit , I think it would be constant adjusting ?
Respected Contributor

I will probably pass too. I actually need some extra bulk in a tank and sorely miss JC Penney St John's Bay tanks. I am trying not to wear out the ones I have left, lol.

Valued Contributor
I have this set in the black and white. First time I have purchased them. I do like them and I find that they stay put and don't ride up. However, I wouldn't wear them over jeans unless I had something to wear over it. It's not so much the bulkier waistband but the belt loops that "show" through if you know what I mean. HTH
Valued Contributor
On 2/27/2014 tucsongal said:

Has anyone worn these over jeans? I'm thinking they would not look good due to the bulkier waistband. I only wear tanks as layering pieces and am also wondering if they are warm to wear. Any feedback is appreciated.

Yes. The white looks horrible because it is sheer and shows the waistband and lumps and bumps. But the black one looks much better over jeans and pants.

Honored Contributor

These are lightweight layering pieces. I have several, and always wear something over them. No, they're not warm.

Occasional Contributor

Jeans is precisely what I don't wear skinnytees over. As suggested by the others above, it's true that the belt loops, zippers and bulkier material of jeans stick right out through the thin material of the tank and create a lumpy (and chunkier) appearance.

That said, I have four sets of skinnytees that I LIVED in for the past four months. I wear them almost daily because they work extremely well over Women With Control pants, which are all I wear to work (I have a business-casual bordering on "nice casual" work environment.)

I'm buying one or two sets of the TSV tonight but to be honest, the summer colors do not appeal to me the way the autumn color range did so I'm sticking to B&W as backups of my current B&W.

I wear a 1X and am very tall, by the way, and these tanks really do fit.

Edited to Add: no, not warm at all although in the frigid northeast winter this season they did add some psychological comfort to have something covering my rear end and thighs under the parka.

Great product.

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone. I wear tanks mainly with open front cardigans over jeans, so these probably won't be the best option for me. Hope everyone enjoys theirs Smile.