Honored Contributor

I think as a child Bethenny had money but as an adult, she definitely had money problems.  According to her she had large credit card debt and didn't even have enough money to pay rent.  At one point she was living with another woman on real housewives because of money problems.  Bethenny definitely worked her butt off to get to where she is now.  

I watched a presentation last night with Colleen and I thought everyone looked like they needed to go up a size, except for Bethenny.  Colleen said she was in the 8 but could have gone with the 10 and I think she should have.  The one plus-size model was in an 18w and they looked horrible on her.  And the fact that she had a short top on with them wasn't helping anything. 

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I had the show on in the background and had to see who this person was.  She was so loud and kept interrupting and praised her products. She sounded just like Lisa Rinna.  I really thought she was on HSN.  I have never heard of Bethanny before.

@Pecky, I believe before she showed up on HSN, Bethenny was on QVC with a line of shapewear.  It didn't last long.

Honored Contributor

Oh, please.   Surely you have seen sweatshirts that cost that much or more.  Like right here on QVC where there are about 20 that go from $75 to well over $100.  And too many to count in the $60 to $70 range.

Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@PinkSunset wrote:

I saw a presentation in the evening and good grief!

She never stops talking, she was tring very hard to convince the audience that even though these looked tight, they weren't.She said to Amy those look skin tight on you but they really aren't. And Amy said oh, I have lots of room in them. What!!!!

The plus sized girl was in the red jeans and her legs looked like sausage casings. She looked awful. And the vendor kept right on saying these were not tight. How would they not be tight if even she said they look like a second skin? And how could they not show every lump, bump, and fat cell in your body if they fit like second skin, I saw the counter and at that point in the evening 8:00, they sold like 13,000 which is nothing for a TSV at HSN. Iman would sell 100,000 by the afternoon of her TSVs. I wish she would come to QVC with her line, She had great clothes,

@PinkSunset  I show the same show and I thought exactly the same things you did! The jeans did not look good on the plus size girl.  I wear a size 12 or 14, so I know those jeans will look aweful on me.  It looks fine on the size 2 girls.

I disagree. Her jeans get high reviews. You certainly don't speak for all size 12/14 women. Regardless of size some women love to wear form fitting garments. I thought the TS jeans were a good pick for a TS item

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

From all the times I have seen her, she just doesn't have a very likable personality.

That may be the understatement of the day .....!!!

Trusted Contributor

@DJP wrote:

Who is this person? She wants $73 for a sweatshirt? Very loud.Yikes!

Agreed. She had some cute stuff but the prices are ridiculous. I won't spend the money QVC and HSN charges for average clothing. Bethanny has a bit of a polarizing personality but i don't buy products based on the designer or salesperson. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Skinnygirl on HSN

[ Edited ]

Trusted Contributor

@cherry : The title is the brand name of the jeans that were the TS on HSN. Poster wasn’t insulting anyone. Seems you must not have read the posts but just responded to the title.

Honored Contributor

I didn't ,my apologies

Respected Contributor

I'm crazy for camo (always have been), and bought the skinnies with the red stripe and the so-called joggers in camo.  I also bought Giuliana's floral camo pants a while ago using one of the coupons.

The Skinnygirl camo pants are made of better quality, heavier weight material than the Giuliana product.  

The ones with the red stripe - true skinnies - are darker with some black mixed into the print.  The stripe is also more subdued than it appears in the photos, and it is embroidery, not a sewn on strip.

I adore the floral camo print of the Giuliana pants, but I was honestly disappointed in the quality even though I kept them.  I fully intended at the time that I bought them to remove that garish sequin stripe and to take the pockets off of the thighs.  The Giuliana pants are made of lighter weight material that is not as densely woven as the Skinnygirl pants.  So I had quite a bit of difficulty taking off the pockets as they were sewn on pretty well and the fabric stitch count per inch on them is clearly lower than a higher quality denim.  The Giuliana pants aren't even denim.  They are some kind of lightweight twill.  Lower stitch count = more "sinking in" of a tiny reinforced topstitch of the kind used to apply pockets, so it took a LOT of time and a LOT of patience to get the pockets removed.  I did it, though, and the pants look powers of ten better without those stupid pockets.

And for all her talk about tailoring expertise, Giuliana's pants took a major corner cut on the application of that gaudy sequin strip.  It was sewn on after the pants were finished, not applied before the waistband and pockets were attached, with the strip altered to have a blank space devoid of sequins where the waistband and pocket would be stitched over.  So the strip was easy as pie to remove.