Regular Contributor

I received my jackets in gray and black yesterday.  So glad I ordered both colors!!  The gray is lighter than I expected and the black is darker - both pleasant surprises.  The peplum look is absolutely adorable - I will probably wear the jackets buttoned to emphasize that feature.  I ordered true to size but probably could have sized down due to the amount of stretch in the jackets.  Still, they fit well, are figure-flattering (both buttoned and unbuttoned), and the hardware is beautiful.  The only problem I had is that most of the buttonholes were too small, so I cut them open a bit  - easy fix. 

This is my first Skinnygirl order and I am very impressed with the quality, style, and price!

Honored Contributor

@nada54 wrote:

Mine was delivered today and I love it!   I really thought I was going to have to send it back but its perfect!   What a cool jacket!

@nada54 - I'm glad you love it 😍 My order should be delivered tmrw. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

My Waitlist order arrived today.  Fits well, a bit smaller would not be a problem, but a full size I don't think would work.  Sleeves are too long.  Also, it stinks a little.  Hopefully, airing it out will help with that.

@Icegoddess - not having the traditional cuffs, you can just roll the sleeves under or over right? 

I always wash new denim items before wearing, especially the darker tones bc of the possibility of dye transfer. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Franklinbell wrote:

I got mine! I love it. Great fit and super cute.

@Franklinbell - I'm so glad to read that everyone here that purchased is happy. We got such a steal of a price plus free shipping. Price is now at 'regular' $80 😳

Honored Contributor

@joviolin wrote:

I received my jackets in gray and black yesterday.  So glad I ordered both colors!!  The gray is lighter than I expected and the black is darker - both pleasant surprises.  The peplum look is absolutely adorable - I will probably wear the jackets buttoned to emphasize that feature.  I ordered true to size but probably could have sized down due to the amount of stretch in the jackets.  Still, they fit well, are figure-flattering (both buttoned and unbuttoned), and the hardware is beautiful.  The only problem I had is that most of the buttonholes were too small, so I cut them open a bit  - easy fix. 

This is my first Skinnygirl order and I am very impressed with the quality, style, and price!

@joviolin  - thank you for your details on the colors and buttonholes. I might pick up one of your colors if it makes it to a reduced/clearance price. 

Her jeans are highly rated and stylish. And occasionally there is a good clearance price on older items. She also gets somewhat regular TS events; I will be watching for the next one 

Honored Contributor

Re: Skinnygirl TS - 7/21

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

My Waitlist order arrived today.  Fits well, a bit smaller would not be a problem, but a full size I don't think would work.  Sleeves are too long.  Also, it stinks a little.  Hopefully, airing it out will help with that.

@Icegoddess - not having the traditional cuffs, you can just roll the sleeves under or over right? 

I always wash new denim items before wearing, especially the darker tones bc of the possibility of dye transfer. 

@Chi-town girl yes, I currently have them turned up.  I don't mind the look of the underside showing.  Or, I could just re-hem them if I wanted.  I noticed it was just a straight stitch instead of the cover-stitch often used on jeans.  That looks like two rows of stitching with loops between them on the underside.  I could actually do that sort of hem on it too if I really wanted since I have a machine I can do that on, but it can be a pain to change over from a serger stitch.  It's certainly not a reason to send it back.  

Ooh, I just had a thought; maybe I should make thumb holes and wear them long.

Yeah, I should wash it although I doubt it would shrink any.  I do have some jeans where that smell is still there even after washings though.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess - I always wash new denim separately in cold water. No shrinkage. 

What a nice surprise purchase for us! It's definitely a 3 season jacket for me, but I'm especially thrilled to have it as a new Fall item for my closet. Still marveling at the event pricing 😎

Respected Contributor

I liked it and it fit me fine but NO pockets- I missed that.  I didn't keep it. 

Super Contributor

Received the Black Denim Jacket today. Fit is great and I'm still giddy about the TS price of $40.00 -  it was a steal.  I'll get alot of use from this jacket I think.  Thanks Chi-town girl for posting - I always appreciate the heads up on good deals and cute items.  

Honored Contributor

FINALLY! My jacket arrived yesterday 🥰 OMG - it's sooooo cute. Very stylish and comfy. 

The sleeves are very long! I don't usually have an issue with sleeves. But these tuck under easily.

My FAVORITE new Fall fashion piece so far. Such a steal...