Respected Contributor

Re: SkinnyTees vs. Skinny Genie tanks

I own both, I like both. They aren't alike in any way. The Genie tank is for body shaping and it can't give you muffin top unless you buy one that is 4 sizes too small. I wear one almost every day. They come in great colors. If you buy your correct size, they come long enough to tuck into pants or skirts and they don't ride up. I love the way they smooth out all my "stuff". I wear them over my Genie bra, I don't wear the pads in either one. The Skinny tee is just a tee or tank top. They aren't body shapers. I wear them when I'm wearing a top or jacket that is shorter than I want it to be. It gives me a little extra length.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/23/2015 Chrystaltree said:

I own both, I like both. They aren't alike in any way. The Genie tank is for body shaping and it can't give you muffin top unless you buy one that is 4 sizes too small. I wear one almost every day. They come in great colors. If you buy your correct size, they come long enough to tuck into pants or skirts and they don't ride up. I love the way they smooth out all my "stuff". I wear them over my Genie bra, I don't wear the pads in either one. The Skinny tee is just a tee or tank top. They aren't body shapers. I wear them when I'm wearing a top or jacket that is shorter than I want it to be. It gives me a little extra length.

Wow, Genie bra, then tank, then clothing? I thought the Genie tank had the bra built in? It says something for the comfort of those items, if you can be comfortable wearing all those layers before any clothing.

Respected Contributor

On 4/23/2015 Sammijo said:
On 4/23/2015 Chrystaltree said:

Wow, Genie bra, then tank, then clothing? I thought the Genie tank had the bra built in? It says something for the comfort of those items, if you can be comfortable wearing all those layers before any clothing.

Both the Genie bra and the tank have pockets for the pads that you can use if you want more uplift and shaping. I never use the pads. The fabric isn't thick or heavy, it's no different than wearing a traditional bra with shaping tank or camisole. Although, I'm sure I won't do that in hot muggy weather, if I'm going to be outside. Depending on my top, I'll wear just the bra or just the tank.

Super Contributor

totally worship the skinny tees have every color!!!! in the fitness world I could not think of life before them they are awesome at holding it all together . the colors are rich, they hold up like a charm

Honored Contributor

I have skinny ts and love them but they don't compress if that is what you are looking for.I find compression uncomfortable and it is difficult for me to breath fully in them so I don't like genies""