Honored Contributor

Re: SkinnyTees vs Kathleen Kirkwood?

1. @Goldengate8361 - if you do purchase the Skinny Tees,  pls post review & comparison to Kathleen's tees.

Wash in a lingerie bag, hang dry. My 2 yr old sets look like new. No replacement needed even for the black/white. Just add new colors/new styles when needed or when there is a TSV

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

I was never impressed with Kathleen Kirkwood.  The poor fit, the poor quality, and the short length didn't work for me.  I wear the skinny tee's often so I can still wear tops I like, that now seem too short.  I've gotten so used to tunic length and don't really like anything shorter.

Esteemed Contributor

I own both. I really prefer K.Kirkwood's because they solve problems, look good and some of them can be worn alone. The skinny tees I purschased were the last TSV. I like the colors but I'm not a layering type of person. I run warm all the time. I got these to wear under a big shirt or top that was a little too thin in material. These work for that and do not add another layer of lines under your top.  I think it depends on your personal preference and your clothing needs. I've had K.irkwood tops for years and they still look new. I haven't had my skinny tees for any length of time. The price is certainly budget friendly so that's always a plus.

Honored Contributor

I think they're 2 entirely different animals.

I have one set of skinny tees and one kirkwood peplum cami.

I found both to be denser and more substantial than I anticipated considering they're both touted as layering pieces.

I agree with another poster that the kirkwood is a better stand alone as it doesn't illuminate your every lump and bump Woman Surprised

I'm not overweight but I'm no hard body either! lol

and @ 5'2" with freakishly long legs I find the skinny tee straps to be too long but I'm thinking of getting the Mallard/Olive combo and having my MIL throw in a few stitches at the shoulders...I'm a bit of a tank hoarder...

Trusted Contributor

Love my SkinnyTees!  Just ordered another set this morning!  They are fashionable and practical!  I have never tried Kathleen Kirkwood!:womanhappy

Super Contributor

Kirkwood tops' sizing do not work for me at all - too big in the shoulders and too tight in the hips.  I have never tried the skinny tees -- just not into layering and not sure if they would work for me