Super Contributor
On 8/11/2014 fancy pantsy said:

well, it shouldn't matter much if you have back fat or a tummy. this is a layering tee. it is meant to go UNDER something. it is not meant to be worn alone. and if it wasnt really tight, well, then you WOULD have lumps and bumps under your shirt ... wouldn't you? because it fits nice and tight, you get a nice smoothe layer under your tops.

You've got it, girl!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

well, it shouldn't matter much if you have back fat or a tummy. this is a layering tee. it is meant to go UNDER something. it is not meant to be worn alone. and if it wasnt really tight, well, then you WOULD have lumps and bumps under your shirt ... wouldn't you? because it fits nice and tight, you get a nice smoothe layer under your tops.

Nice try!
Honored Contributor

ITA-excellent layering item. I have 2 sets and will be picking up more.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor
On 8/8/2014 okiebug said:
On 8/8/2014 chrystaltree said:

Define larger... I'm a size 16/18, I wear a 38C bra and my Skinnytees fit me just fine. In fact, I'm wearing one now. They are very stretchy and nice and long. They would work for a size 20, probably not for anyone bigger than that. And you have to be well proportioned, at any size. I can't see anyone with a big belly or love handles wearing them.

Why not if used as an underlayer?

Because they are thin and extremely form fitting. Like a second skin. Another top under it, would not work but you could wear two sizes. But that won't do much for a bigger belly.

Contributor

I am a size 10 and I have 4 of them.. I love them.. I wear them under summer tops that are a bit sheer. I don't find them to be hot. They are very comfortable. I also wear them under a shirt that is a little short. In the winter I would wear them under a cardigan. Hope that helps!

Respected Contributor

I am a Large, and there is room to spare. I imagine they'd go up to a 2x, maybe 3x. Keep in mind they are skin tight. They show every roll and bulge. I only wear it as a camisol or a layering piece. I can't image wearing it on its own.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor
On 8/12/2014 chrystaltree said:
On 8/8/2014 okiebug said:
On 8/8/2014 chrystaltree said:

Define larger... I'm a size 16/18, I wear a 38C bra and my Skinnytees fit me just fine. In fact, I'm wearing one now. They are very stretchy and nice and long. They would work for a size 20, probably not for anyone bigger than that. And you have to be well proportioned, at any size. I can't see anyone with a big belly or love handles wearing them.

Why not if used as an underlayer?

Because they are thin and extremely form fitting. Like a second skin. Another top under it, would not work but you could wear two sizes. But that won't do much for a bigger belly.

chrystaltree, you are kidding, right?

Occasional Visitor

I feel that QVC let it's plus size customers down.  They received many complaints about the fact that the Skinnytees brand and website offers a plus size but QVC dediced no to on this Special Value.  They have also taken all the post pertaining to this issue off.

Esteemed Contributor

i am a young 78 I use them instead of a bra and  I love them

Honored Contributor

I considered getting them but I like tanks I can wear on their own; what is the problem with these? Are they tissue paper thin?