Respected Contributor

thank you all so much for these helpful posts! from reading what you have said, i am now thinking that the skinny t is just what i am looking for; a layering tank that will be only for wearing under my tops. i have a long torso and i hate wearing a top that feels 'too short'. a layering tank will be a welcome addition to my wardrobe. thanks so much!

Esteemed Contributor
I hope you enjoy the skinny tees. I am not s fan of the material and had terrible pilling issues. For me, I classify it as one of the worst purchases that I never returned. They are in a landfill somewhere. We used them as rags in the garage and then the DH tossed them. Not snark...seriously hated them. I know that I am very much in the minority. Smiley Happy
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor
I ordered the black/white combo and the black was fine but the white one had pilling on it after I washed it and it ' rolled' up, it would not lay flat or stay pulled down.
Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Valued Contributor
I tried these last year and I feel the same as a previous poster--I felt like a sausage. I think they may work best for those that are slimmer than I am AND have toned tummies. When I say EVERY bump was exposed, I mean EVERYTHING! I felt very exposed. Not for my bod.
Super Contributor

At one time you had a choice in the skinny tees. You could choose o-s or plus size. On air they showed there was a big difference between the plus size and the one size fits all/most. When it was the TSV, I was very surprised they did not offer the plus, also.

moongirl

Contributor

I am a size 14 and am 5'6". I ordered several sets of the 'skinny tees' when they were on sale. I loved the various colors they came in and was excited and optimistic that they would work for me. Sorry to say, I was not at all comfortable in them. They showed every lump and bump. I could not justify paying all that $ just for a layering piece, so they had to be returned.

Honored Contributor
If you are LAYERING with SkinnyTees, then the LAYER OVER the skinnytees will COVER the lumps and bumps, leaving a nice smooth neckline LAYERED under a blazer or sweater or open collared shirt or jumper. I am curvy and the Plus sized SkinnyTees work great for me. Why? Because I LAYER them under other wardrobe pieces! I love mine. YRMV!
Esteemed Contributor

Skinny tees are for women with flat stomachs, no back fat or love handles.

Contributor

i feel as though they are a money making scam. they never look good on the guest presenting them..they just look awful and awkward. around here noone wears plain tees anymore. i have a couple from walmart that i wear around the house sometimes, but other than that they aren't as cool as Shawnie Sue makes them out to be. I just feel spanx when I watch their programs.

Respected Contributor

well, it shouldn't matter much if you have back fat or a tummy. this is a layering tee. it is meant to go UNDER something. it is not meant to be worn alone. and if it wasnt really tight, well, then you WOULD have lumps and bumps under your shirt ... wouldn't you? because it fits nice and tight, you get a nice smoothe layer under your tops.