Contributor

Skinny tees scoop neckline, too low?

I haven' t seen this question asked before. I am 5' 1" and not long in the torso. I want to know if these tees come up high enough so I won't be showing "the girls" when I bend over. I like the idea for layering especially with the spandex rayon combinations but have been hesitant about the neckline. I wonder if they shouldn't be made in petite sizes.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Skinny tees scoop neckline, too low?

I have about six of them. Since they are so stretchy, you can pretty much place them where you are most comfortable. (The top, not the girls. LOL)

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Trusted Contributor

You can always turn them around since the back is higher. That's what I do with mine under certain tops
Super Contributor

They are too low for me, but I am small busted. On me the neckline almost comes down to my ni**ples. .. lol. .I think it would be ok on someone more amply endowed.

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” H.P. Lovecraft
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/30/2015 Sadiesadie said: You can always turn them around since the back is higher. That's what I do with mine under certain tops

Excellent idea !!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/30/2015 Sadiesadie said: You can always turn them around since the back is higher. That's what I do with mine under certain tops

dp

Contributor

On 1/30/2015 Portia said:

They are too low for me, but I am small busted. On me the neckline almost comes down to my ni**ples. .. lol. .I think it would be ok on someone more amply endowed.

Same here. I bought them and thought "one size fits most" well, I guess I'm not most. I'm 5'4" 127 pounds B cup and it was ridiculously low. Sent it right back.

Super Contributor

I've been turning them around also; otherwise, they are too low cut for my taste.
Valued Contributor

I finally bought these in plus size. Well yes they fit but the neckline is so low why bother? This is why they went back. They feel like a light spans garment which is nice but way too much of the girls were exposed.
Trusted Contributor

On 1/30/2015 patty17 said: I haven' t seen this question asked before. I am 5' 1" and not long in the torso. I want to know if these tees come up high enough so I won't be showing "the girls" when I bend over. I like the idea for layering especially with the spandex rayon combinations but have been hesitant about the neckline. I wonder if they shouldn't be made in petite sizes.

Patty 17, I am so glad you brought this up. I too am 5'1 and I really loved the idea of the skinny tees but I do find them to be low. They do not pull up enough nor will stay up when I pull them up. I tried to turn it around but it isn't much if any higher in the back.

I've wanted to write them about this as the one of the reasons I like wearing something underneath a top is so it will look like it. (the bottom does show because is does pull down) I do wear them some but not as much as I would if the top came up higher.