Respected Contributor

Re: Skinny jeans are the new "mom jeans"?

For the record, I saw a Gen Z'er today with very tight skinny jeans on.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

These kids crack me up thinking they are the be all end all of fashion.  And what's even funnier is they think they are ground breaking with this stuff.  Ummm, been there, done that with these jeans.  LOL 

Most of those baggy, wide legged jeans are hideous to me but if they like them, good on them.  If people want to wear skinnies, that's their choice.  Straight?  That's cool too.

Honored Contributor

I'm in my late 50s. I have one skinny jean, one slim jean, one trouser jean, one bootcut, and 4 straight leg styles. I wear straight leg most often which is why I have multiple pairs. I don't own or wear super wide flares, baggy jeans, distressed jeans, or jeggings. 

As far as what jean is in style...At my age I'm not concerned. When I was younger I followed & wore trends just as kids do today. As I aged I developed my own style. I'm certainly not going to worry about what teens & other young people think about my style. To be honest, I don't think they care. I wear what I like. If that makes me "old" to others, so be it.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

These kids crack me up thinking they are the be all end all of fashion.  And what's even funnier is they think they are ground breaking with this stuff.  Ummm, been there, done that with these jeans.  LOL 

Most of those baggy, wide legged jeans are hideous to me but if they like them, good on them.  If people want to wear skinnies, that's their choice.  Straight?  That's cool too.

@Lipstickdiva 

You have to admit it can be gratifying to point out that their piercings and tattoos are all 'been there, done that!' Lol

Their 'groundbreaking' lyrics aint so groundbreaking either Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lipstickdiva 

You have to admit it can be gratifying to point out that their piercings and tattoos are all 'been there, done that!' Lol

Their 'groundbreaking' lyrics aint so groundbreaking either Woman Wink

Yeah, because our generation never thought we were "all that" when we were younger either! 😉

Respected Contributor

Where I live, I still see ladies from their teens into their 50's wearing skinny jeans. They're not going out of style anytime soon. I prefer skinny, straight, or a slight bootcut because I feel they look most flattering on me. I don't like jeans baggy or bunching up around my legs and flared hems - did that, kept having to brush dirt, grass, and mud from the bottom, so done with those.

Honored Contributor

I think skinny jeans only look good on people with thin legs.  

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I think skinny jeans only look good on people with thin legs.  

@DiAnne 

The skinnies I do have don't grab my ankles... that can definitely accentuate hips/thighs