Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

My issue with the skinny tees was that I'm apparently outside of the 'fits most' catagory!

I'm short with an even short torso so the straps are too much fabric. They're standing up next to my ears!

lol

Maybe you could just attach them around your ears! 

Respected Contributor

*snort* @LipstickDiva. Oh, the visual....  :-D

Honored Contributor

@makena wrote:

Maybe you're not pulling them down far enough.

@makena

I pulled it down to just above where I would be sitting on it.   I actually think the fact that I was wearing slippery pants had a lot to do with it ... since I was doing a lot of walking and my hips move when I walk ... and the shirt just slithers up the acetate/spandex blend slippery pants.

I always wear "slippery pants" with tunics because I don't want the tunic to "stick" to my pants ... but rather move freely when I walk.  That was the case today ... I wore a loose tunic over the Skinny Tee and the Skinny Tee over my slippery pants.

I have similar tees from Jockey that don't slip.  So - I may just have to save the Skinny Tees to wear with jeans and other non-slippery pants.

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@makena wrote:

Maybe you're not pulling them down far enough.

@makena

I pulled it down to just above where I would be sitting on it.   I actually think the fact that I was wearing slippery pants had a lot to do with it ... since I was doing a lot of walking and my hips move when I walk ... and the shirt just slithers up the acetate/spandex blend slippery pants.

I always wear "slippery pants" with tunics because I don't want the tunic to "stick" to my pants ... but rather move freely when I walk.  That was the case today ... I wore a loose tunic over the Skinny Tee and the Skinny Tee over my slippery pants.

I have similar tees from Jockey that don't slip.  So - I may just have to save the Skinny Tees to wear with jeans and other non-slippery pants.

Could have been your pants, but I always pull mine down far enough that the hem of the tee hits just below where my legs hit my thighs.

Honored Contributor

Odd....   Sounds like a sizing issue.   I love, love my Skinny Tees because I don't have to think about sizes and they never ride up.  I mean to buy a new set on Easy Pay Day but it slipped my mind.  I do remember that they had a plus size option in selected sets.  Perhaps that's what you needed.  Now you have me thinking Skinny Tees...lol   

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

Yes they do ride up, if you are thin like the models then maybe they don't, but I have an idea that anyone with weight on them has that problem.

Nope, I wore the OS when I was a size 20/22 and I'm still wearing them at a 14/16.  The fit is like magic and they last forever. 

Respected Contributor

I don't know if they can ride up - I tried them once and realized that they were boob busters for me.  If they could make one with a much looser bust area I might try them again. But - probably because my boobs are as old as me -  they just can't live with that tight bust line. (I wear a B cup)

Esteemed Contributor

Woman LOL The visuals some of the posts in this thread are a hoot.  Up to the ears, the boobs, slippery pants ... oh me oh my.  

Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I don't own any Skinny Tees because the premise that one size fits all for a garment such as that is ludicrous to me.

About 2 years ago, I was in Aldi (yes the food chain) and they had some tanks for sale for I think $6.00 for a set of 2.  The label is Sierra.  I bought 2 thinking I'd wear them under something but that they probably would be horrible.

These turned out to be my favorite tanks ever.  They have adjustable straps, they are very stretchy but they come in sizes S, M, L, XL.  I bought my usual size and I don't look like 2 pounds of sausage in a 1 pound casing.  They can be pulled longer or pushed up shorter. 

I just wish they had more color combos.  The first set I bought was black/white combo. This year they had them again and I bought a black/gray combo.  I wish I could get another white and a navy.    

@Lipstickdiva, sounds like a great deal.  I'll be on the lookout for them.  I'm always amazed at what you can find at Aldi's. 

Honored Contributor

I'm petite and I returned them because they do ride up.