Honored Contributor

Re: Skinny/Staight Cut Jeans - how do you style them?

I found this online at Real Simple: http://www.realsimple.com/beauty-fashion/clothing/jeans-pants/best-jeans-body-type/view-all

It's about jeans for different body types, so someone might get some tips from it if they are interested.  Hover your mouse over each pair, and a pop-up will tell you for which body type they recommend that style.  Click on it and you'll get a name brand and more details.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In addition to bootcuts, boyfriends, and occasional flares, I wear 'slim' jeans and 'slim straight' jeans, as I find them more flattering (for me) than true skinny jeans, which can often be super-close to leggings/jeggings.

I wear them casually (though they can easily be dressed up), and with different styles of footwear, tops, jackets, and accessories.

Google the two terms for more info and vendors.  8)

Respected Contributor

all i wear are skinny jeans and i think they're the most versatile.  you can wear any kind of top with them and they're perfect with boots.  you have the option of tucking the jeans into the boots or wearing them outside in the case of a bootie by rolling them up a bit or not if you like. 

Trusted Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I found this online at Real Simple: http://www.realsimple.com/beauty-fashion/clothing/jeans-pants/best-jeans-body-type/view-all

It's about jeans for different body types, so someone might get some tips from it if they are interested.  Hover your mouse over each pair, and a pop-up will tell you for which body type they recommend that style.  Click on it and you'll get a name brand and more details.

Thx @GingerPeach, I'd fall into the "straight" category.  Says I can wear any type jean style.

Honored Contributor

With any skinny or slim leg pant I always wear a ballet flat in the same color as the pant with a looser longer length top. 

With straight legs I will wear boots, flats, sneakers, just about any shoe and any top. 

I don't like boot leg jeans.  Most of them come in too much at the knee and are too wide at the hem. I don't think they are flattering on me. 

I have tried ankle lengths and I don't like them on me. I think they look cute on others with flats or wedges.