Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Skinny/Staight Cut Jeans - how do you style them?

If you are consious about any figure flaws, wear bootcut or straight jeans.  Straight jeans are just as effective.  Try to wear high rise.  Any style jean will give you a muffin top by wearing jeans too low.  Skinny jeans are an unforgiving style.  Meaning the better legs, hips and butt you have, the better it will look on you.  If you wear boot cut, stay away from flat shoes.  They don't look good together.  Shorter tops look better with bootcut.  Longer tops with skinny jeans.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Skinny Jeans - how do you style them?

@kate2357 wrote:

@Himi lover wrote:

I guess what I should have said is "straight cut" jeans.  When I was heavier, the boot cut balanced off my big rear-end. 😝 I think the boot cut are more for winters too.  Ankle jeans/straight cut are easy to tuck into high cut boots.  I bought a pair of booties, how do you think these look with ankle or straight leg?  Would you tuck them in to show off the style or wear them tucked in?  Bought at Nordies Anniversary Sale.  I didn't know if I'd like this style, I was influenced by some of the posters comments here to try them.  They look great on. I'm trying new styles because of the weight loss.

image.jpg

Congrats on your weight loss and for trying out new styles. How fun for you!

I don't wear 'skinny' jeans ... do wear straight leg jeans. Since I'm not particularly tall or blessed w/ really long legs ... I don't do a whole lot of tucking into boots unless the boot is the same color (or close) as my jean/pant color. But I do love the look on other gals ... the look of their jeans in a bootie.

As for tops to wear ... I like to wear closer fitting tops/jackets that hit just about hip area on me ... tends to make my legs look longer. I do wear some longer tops/sweaters in the fall/winter but it's the exception. I just feel for my body type the long tunic is not my friend.

Have fun playing w/ what works for you.

Kate, I think you're right about closer fitting, shorter tops looking better if you're on the short side, they elongate the body.  I'm 5'4".  Wasn't quite sure exactly what type pants would look good with that type boot.  They're cute on,  I didn't think I'd like them.

Trusted Contributor

@FlowershopGirl wrote:

Himi Lover, just the other day as I was watching the Q, I noticed Jane and Gary showing a pair of straight cut jeans that were on clearance.  I saw your post so I went to research and this is the jean I saw, A239619.  This is the # for the regular length.  They come in petite and tall lengths too.  Now it looks as if they are clearance priced so I don't know if that means they are never coming back or what but they sound right up your alley.  I think any tops that are longer and not "close fitting" would look good with them and I believe you could wear those boots with them too, with the pant over the boot. 

Thanks FSG, I checked them out.  I really don't need anymore jeans right now.  I like that they have that flat front so no bulges from zippers, belt loops, belts.

Trusted Contributor

@Tallgal wrote:

The August issue of Real Simple magazine has the Ultimate jeans buying guide.  For Skinny Jeans- Most figures can wear them, with caveats, if you're belly conscious or prone to muffin top, opt for a more mid-rise fit with more tummy coverage.  How should they fit-They should follow the lines of your body.  But they shouldn't make your look sausage-y either.  There should be minimal creasing and bunching in the leg, seat and tummy areas.  What do you pair them with- You're in anything goes territory.   Top them with one of the three T's-tee, tank or tunic.   As for the shoes, you have the freedom to switch from heels to flats or delicate to chunky with abandon.  Stretch factor-stretch jeans give about a half to a full size after you wear them for a day.   According to the article most women wear skinny jeans that are too loose.  Forget percentages-jeans typically contain 2 to 10 percent of stretch (lyrca, spandex, elastane and polyurethane).   The article suggests trying on the jeans for at least 10 minutes to see if they will bag.   I love skinny jeans as I am over 6ft tall,  I wear tunics, Tanks and sweaters and for footwear I like to wear my boots with the jeans.   

Is that article online?  

Super Contributor

I checked the Real Simple web site,  the article is not online.

Honored Contributor

Trusted Contributor

Lola, thanks!  Guess what, I was notified that you responded to my post.  Not hearted.  This is the way it came thru.  Does this mean the @lolakimono, sign is working?

lolakimono @mentioned you in Re: Skinny/Staight Cut Jeans - how do you style th... 2m ago

Honored Contributor

@Himi lover

Yes- the notification works. Cat Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono wrote:

@Himi lover

Yes- the notification works. Cat Very Happy

@lolakimono

When did it start working?  I guess that was a dumb question, but it worked one time before but it worked only a couple of times.  I'm surprised no one mentioned it in CC or Suggestion Box

Honored Contributor

@Himi lover

I always use it when I'm replying to someone, or if I know that more than one poster would like something.

However, I notice that some people put @lola   for me, not realizing that it doesn't notify me, or that they spell the screen name wrong @lolakimona, so it doesn't notify.  You have to be mindful that the poster's avatar appears, or the notification won't send.