Honored Contributor

I've posted before that I have difficulty finding a good fit in jeans. I'm a bit under 5'4", so I'm on the cusp between petite and regular. I have been wearing NYDJ jeans for years mostly because they were the only ones that carried a very small petite size.

I've been happy with them pretty much, but for the past couple years, the seem to have done some vanity sizing and also have become increasingly less consistent in sizing, to put it mildly. So I've been looking around.

I did try Ann Tayolor, but the ones that fit were too short and mid-rise. I need a higher rise and a little more length.

I happened to check out J. Crew, and to make a long story interminable discovered that I don't need petite sizing if the jeans are not vanity sized. J Crew is definitely not. Through trial and error, I hit upon a regular 24 in their 9" skinny. I love it. It has a 28' inseam, which in skinny means it's ankle for me or a tad longer but without any bunching. I can wear it with flat shoes or a wedge heel.

Their jeans are not inexpensive. They range maybe a few dollars more than NYDJ. But this weekend they're having a sitewide sale of 30 percent off and free shipping. I bought mine in the store with that discount and have ordered one more. I bought charcoal gray wash, a medium blue wash, and black. I ordered a light wash. There seems to be perfect consistency once you find your size and style.

Obviously, just because they work for me doesn't mean that they'll work for everyone. But I am very impressed with the quality. I think that it surpasses NYDJ and is fairly equal to much more expensive brands.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I just received a pair of black JonesNY ladies stretch denim skinny jeans from Costco. I'm not skinny - but due to the stretch and style of these jeans, I found them to be very comfortable - and "the perfect pair of jeans."
They get great reviews.

I'm short, so the tapered bottom bunches up just a little - which I like. My blue pair has just been mailed to me so I'll receive it soon. $14 (includes taxes). 

Honored Contributor

Ah, the angst we women must suffer in our search to find the perfect jean.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624wrote:

@Kachina624, seriously.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@kivah Thanks for posting about the Costco Jones NY jeans, I was wondering about those. Tempted. I'm a jeans addict, is there a 12 step program?

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

Have you ever tried Liverpool jeans? I discovered this brand about 2 years ago and have thrown out all of my NYDJ and other jeans and have many styles of these now. Give them a try.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor
I was at Lane Bryant yesterday during their 40% off sale and bought a pair of black skinny jeans. Because of my stomach and thighs I need for them to be stretchy and move as I do and these did. My mom got me a pair of blue denim jeggings marked down to $27 and these are high waist elastic pull on and very comfortable, I have the same ones in burgundy. LB's jeans are about the only ones that fit me good, but I only buy when they're on sale.
Honored Contributor

J. Crew has added 10 percent off today on top of their 30 percent off, along with free shipping. Considering that IMO these jeans approximate premium brands that cost far more in terms of quality and style details, I think it's an excellent value. They have styles other than my skinnys:

Pics of the jeans I bought:

Charcoal gray wash:

9" high rise toothpick jean in charcoal wash women denim c

Solano wash:

9" high-rise toothpick jean in Solano wash women denim c

Black:

9" high-rise stretchy toothpick jean in new black women denim c

Wilkerkson wash:

9" high-rise toothpick jean in wilkerson wash women denim c

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624wrote:

Almost as bad as trying to find a bathing suit.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

For me, jeans are worse but I finally found my perfect fit.